6

MEERA'S POV

MEERA'S POV

When I reached the coffee bytes Priya was already there waiting for me. She hugged me with the sweetest smile ever.

"So, how's life going?",she asked. This is how friends talk when they meet after a long loong time.

I smiled and said,"It's going great".
Oh! how great it is going!

"By the way, you mentioned on the call that you needed my help. What's the matter?"

I put that phone across the table and said,"it's not working. And I really need it. Can you please help me with this?"

"It's such an old model. Why would you need it?",she questioned. I didn't answer to that question. Priya took a brief look at that phone and said,"it might take a few days. It's a hardware issue and I also feel it might be locked"

Few days?

itne din intezaar kiya, kuch din or sahi.

I sighed and asked,"what are you planning to do after college?". She looked at me said,"I am leaving this country"

"Leaving? Where? When and why?",I was surprised with her revelation. She looked at me and said,"I don't like this place anymore. Moreover I am missing Bhai. I'd probably help him in his business or travel for some time. But I am not staying here that's for sure"

It felt like she made up her mind. We chatted for a bit long then I left for a place called home.

The sun was sinking, painting the sky in warm hues as I strolled through the park. Children's laughter danced on the breeze, carrying the murmur of conversations. It was a welcome change, a breath of fresh air after being cooped up in that jailed apartment.

I wandered for a while, the sun's warmth seeping into my bones, and then found a vacant bench, settling down to watch the world go by.

An elderly woman, her silver hair catching the golden light, caught my eye as she chased a giggling boy, presumably her grandson. Her playful pursuit soon turned into a gentle jog, and finally, she plopped down next to me, a smile crinkling the corners of her eyes.

"yeh bachhe bhi na, itni uchal kood karte hai"  she said to me while looking at his grandson. I smiled while listening to her words.
(These kids are always jumping around)

"nai nai shadi hai?"
(Are you newly married ?) ,she asked after looking at my face. I nodded and said,"apko kaise pata?"
(How do you know?)

"chehre ka noor sab bata hi deta hai",she said while smiling. I think she was remembering the time when she got married.
(Your face is glowing differently)

I chatted with her for a while ,she was very sweet and seeing her all I could remember was my mother,

As I was about to leave the park, I noticed a familiar figure. Virat, his features tense and voice sharp through the phone, stepped out of his car. He seemed agitated, his body language radiating frustration. Without breaking stride, he marched towards the private elevator leading to our apartments. The sight sent a shiver down my spine, leaving me curious and slightly uneasy about what might be unfolding back home.