Chapter 42 - bemused

—————————————————————————

Shoko tilted her head at choso's response, then she galnced back at itadori "I don't understand. What do you mean itadori?" She narrowed her eyes, still feeling skeptical.

"Oh, it's nothing." Itadori waved it off awkwardly with a nervous chuckle.

"Er.. right." You had no choice but to agree hesitantly.

Choso scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest and stepped back from you a little. "You gotta accept it already y/n. Get used to it." He mumbled, avoiding your form.

Shoko overheard it, and her eyes was pacing back and forth between you and choso "Aren't you the same age as itadori, y/n? What's his name?"

"Choso."

"He looks around gojo's age." Shoko leaned back and continued treating megumi's injuries.

"You just don't understand. It's a long story." Choso responded firmly, his face remained stoic.

Itadori settled down on the other couch, resting his head on the edge with his eyes closed. You sat down on the other side.

Few minutes later, choso stepped closer behind you once again and said "Y/n, i want to hear where you've stopped earlier."

You raised an eyebrow "About what?"

"You know what i mean. Before yuji interrupted."

You paused for a brief moment, trying to remember. You sighed "Alright."

With that, choso stepped back, and he sat down next to you, being all ears. His eyes were fixed on you and you weren't able to look into his eyes straight. Your heart was racing as if it was about to burst.

He's waiting. You cleared your throat "I'm still feeling hesitant... are you really sure— about what you have said? Including the mark's true purpose?" Your voice was almost visible, you were trying to sink in his words into your mind.

Choso stayed silent for a moment and sighed "Look, all I've said was true. I have no time lying." He paused and continued "Like i said.. you're young, and it's okay for me to wait even if how long it will take. There's no coming back. So please understand." His voice was sounding almost desperate, but he was masking his face so he won't look like it.

He really needs you, and you have no choice.

Your eyes met the ground, unable to think anything except the words he said. "I know.. I'm still trying to get used to it." You finally met his eyes reluctantly.

He nodded the slightest "Good. From no-"

"What if everyone won't believe anything?" You asked.

"Who cares."

You paused before quickly leaning back on the couch 'right.' You rested your head back, watching shoko still cleaning and treating megumi, and then itadori who fell asleep on the edge of the couch.

Suddenly, choso nervously leaned closer beside you "Y/n, what do you feel?" He asked, making your face red.

"Um.. tired? I haven't slept yet."