Epilogue

Arden was peacefully snoring beside Zohe when their sleep was abruptly interrupted by the sound of a crying baby. Frustrated, Zohe woke up to find Aiden in his crib, tears streaming down his little face. She picked him up, gently tapping his back, realizing how her nights had been disrupted because of Arden snoring her baby boy is not letting her sleep.

Placing Aiden back in his crib after calming him, Zohe couldn't help but feel annoyed at Arden's undisturbed sleep. She kissed Aiden's forehead and decided to wake up Arden.

"You're peacefully sleeping like an idiot while Aiden's crying," she scolded, throwing his pillow out of the room.

Arden, now annoyed, asked, "What's wrong, love?"

Zohe, with frustration, retorted, "You go and sleep outside; Aiden woke up crying because of your snoring."

She slammed the door shut as Arden knocked. "Love, open the door, please."

"Go sleep on the floor," Zohe replied.

Arden, getting angry, started to say, "You are just a witc-"

Before he could finish, Zohe opened the door.

"Love?"

Arden was hesitating

Zohe questioned, "Do you want me to throw you out of the house?"

Arden sighed, "Fine, just for Aiden and you."

Zohe smiled, "Goodnight, honey," and closed the door. Arden resignedly went to the sofa.

Amira, coming out for water, saw Arden. "Dad, did Mom throw you out again?"

Arden nodded, and Amira said, "Aww, you can sleep in my bed beside me."

Arden hugged her, saying, "Only you love me, sweetie."

Zohe said, "You think I hate you?"

From behind, Zohe interjected, ". Amira, go to your room; I need to talk to your dad."

Amira went to her room, and Zohe hugged Arden. "Was I too rude?"

Arden made a puppy face, nodding. "You are so mean; you got a baby to take care of and forgot your first kid."

Zohe laughed. "I didn't. Let's go to the room."

Arden looked at her, asking, "You want to cuddle with this kid?"

Zohe nodded, and they headed to their room.

🥲 Apologies for the two-year delay in publishing the epilogue; your author was lazy 😭, but not anymore.