Chapter-38

Chapter-38

Cherish's POV:

I heard a voice from behind, "Get out.... she is here...."

The crowd left so suddenly, while I knew that voice. The entire room fell empty and silent, just him standing there looking at me.

Jasmine and August were stunned. I won't lie I was out of words too.

August whispered, "Riccardo Valentine...."

Jasmine said, "S**t!..."

Jasmine grabbed my hand as if she was trying to stop me from approaching him, "Don't go near him.... he is dangerous..." she whispered silently.

I was just busy looking at him, August whispered, "Diamond do not speak... I will talk to him... god knows how we offended him..."

Riccardo walked to us, he stood in front of me, I can tell he is tried, he looks restless.

August said, "Mr. Valentine... please have a seat." While Riccardo was looking at me not paying attention to anyone.

August said, "I know we need to pay you ... but believe me this kind of thing never happened..... and... it's impossible that everyone gets a jackpot in one day.... but...."

August said, "Please... My boss is promising to pay you back and... those men..."

Riccardo never left my eyes, he said, "Those my men... I don't want a single penny from here... just you, Wife...."

I heard Jasmine whispered, "Wife.... no..."

August said, "..... wife?..." He turned to look at my face.

I was looking at Riccardo angry, does he knows amount of stress I went through in these minutes.

He scratched his eye brow as he confessed, "I don't know if it's right or wrong.... I thought of this as the only way you will show up..... I suffered enough..."

Riccardo said, "Cherish.... five minutes... that's all I ask....."

August looked at me, then at Riccardo analyzing the situation.

Riccardo grabbed my hand pulling it to him, he said, "Let's go back...... please...." I looked away, I freed my hand away from him.

He pleaded with his eyes, "Cherish... Love..."

I walked passing him, I stopped after few steps, I whispered, "follow me...."

I kept walking out of there, I am out of words, confused and lost.

I left him in anger and pain, I missed him so bad... when he found me, I am questioning how far his obsession can take him for me.

Soon, I realized he was walking behind me the entire time. I landed on the empty beach at night, it's near to the casino.

This place is the natural place for me to hide. Like these waves sooths me. I was looking at the waves hitting the shore, I sighed, why these waves makes me feel lonely.

I whispered, "Speak..." I don't want to look at him right now.

I just want to give his chance to explain, for his sake.

I felt something on my shoulders, I realized it's his coat. The leather coat is quite comfortable and warm.

I heard him, "It's cold...."

Riccardo stood beside me he stayed silent for a wide moment. I waited for him to speak and speak and speak... but he didn't spoke a word.

He stood beside me pocketing his hands. He was lost in the waves.