1

TW: Panic attack

Katsuki didn't know where he was. It was dark, it was claustrophobic, but he knew one thing, he was restrained to a chair, his hands chained in front of him, straps over his chest, holding him back, chains on his ankles, and there was sludge climbing on him, from his legs going up to his face.

"No, no, no, no, get off me! Get the hell off -" Katsuki then choked as the sludge covered his mouth and nose. This brought back traumatic memories of the sludge villain attack from middle school. He was suffocating. He was going to die.

"Mmmph! Gmph mmph..."

Katsuki squirmed in the chair, move his head side to side, anything to get the goo off his face, but he was stuck. He was wondering why he hasn't suffocated or passed out yet.

He was stuck in this void of darkness with no one to help him. He didn't remember how he got here. This place doesn't feel real. This wasn't real...

Where were his sidekicks? Where was Deku? He was with them before waking up here. Where are they now?

Katsuki let out muffled pleas for help, anyone, he didn't care who it was he just needed to be free, his panic was getting out of hand by now, he felt walls closing in. Katsuki fights against the restrains once more, with more aggression.

Outside of his mind, Katsuki was in the hospital, in the hospital gown with bandages all over him from the villain fight the heroes had just recovered from. Izuku had brought Katsuki to the hospital as soon as the police arrived, along with Denki Kaminari.

The doctor who looked over Katsuki told Izuku and Denki about his condition. His mental state was unorganized, unhinged. The doctor had diagnosed Katsuki with schizophrenia, with the delusions Katsuki was experiencing.

Izuku and Denki were shocked by the news of Katsuki. Izuku knew Katsuki was perfectly healthy, so why was this doctor saying such nonsense of his precious Kacchan being a schizophrenic?

Izuku thought back to the fight. He remembers one of the villains having some kind of quirk that makes their victims sick in some way. In a way, Izuku was glad he could take care of his Kacchan, and no one would question his motives.

"Um, do you think we can see Dynamight?" Denki asked. The doctor nodded and led the two pro heroes to Katsuki's room.

"But please do be careful around him. We're gonna be keeping him overnight in a psych ward," she explained, "You can take him home tomorrow then."

"Thank you, doctor." Izuku said.

Denki looked at Izuku before moving into the room that Katsuki was in. Once they walked to the end of the room, they saw the most heart-wrenching sight ever.

Denki tried to keep in the tears as he saw Katsuki, "Hi, Katsuki..."

"Hi, Kacchan... How are you holding up?" Izuku asked as he held onto the blonde's bandaged hand.

"It's dark in here." Katsuki stated, looking right at Denki, "I can't be there!"

"It's not dark in here, Kacchan. It's bright." Izuku said softly.

Katsuki looked at Izuku before touching his hair. He said something about Izuku being a tall broccoli tree, which made both the pros chuckle.

Katsuki spent the whole night staring at the ceiling from his bed. The only thing he felt was trapped, suffocated, and lost. He knew that Izuku was going to pick him up the next day. The nice doctor said so, Katsuki didn't want that, though. He wanted Dunce Face instead.

There was nothing about Izuku that Katsuki didn't like. He just didn't feel safe with Izuku. Katsuki may be mentally messed up, but he still knew when something was wrong.

And Deku was wrong.

Deku has this dark aura surrounding him. It was like Deku was there with him, in that black void, just watching Katsuki suffocate.

"Go to sleep, Katsuki. You need your rest." A sweet feminine voice said.

Katsuki turned his head and saw the nurse. Apparently, she was checking on the patients for the third time tonight. Without saying a word, Katsuki closed his eyes.