caption causes kalesh

Ishan was waiting for his uber ride because his designated driver ditched him at the last minute.

It was pretty late when he landed in Delhi. Last night's celebration and the very late flight he took right after had him tired to his bones. He just wanted to take a warm shower and hit the bed.

But nothing was going as planned, the driver was taking forever to come, his 'roomie' was not picking his calls and he had no idea where his spare keys were.

Thank God his ride arrived exactly when he was starting to curse his roomie for being this difficult over trivial things. He asked the driver to make haste and in record time he reached his apartment complex and was standing outside his apartment door.

He rang the door bell twice.

No response.

Called his roommate and rang the bell again.

No response.

He stood there ringing the door bell for five minutes straight. If this made him a public nuisance, he is ready to be one right now.

The door opened to a very annoyed but least bit sleepy Shubman on the other side.

Without uttering a word Shubman turned around and walked towards the living room where the tv was on with the Netflix home page.

"You were sitting here staring at that", he gestured to the TV "and couldn't open the door after the first two times? At least after I called you"

Shubman was now scrolling through his stories with a stoic expression on his face and not acknowledging Ishan's presence.

Ishan huffed while walking towards the kitchen for a bottle of water. He knew the reason for Shubman's behaviour but in all honesty he was not going to give him the satisfaction of being the first one to talk about it.

'I will just go take a shower and sleep, if he wants to talk he better do it himself. I'm not going to prompt him'

Ishan was in the middle of taking his towel and necessities out when he saw Shubman walking towards him. He shook his head and continued searching for his Pjs.

"Ho gayi teri maun vrat? Ab tujhe baat karni hai?"

He turned around when he heard the bathroom door shut and lock.

Ishan was this close to kicking the door down and strangling Shubman if he didn't come out.

"Abey teri problem kya hai?"

"Using the washroom is a problem now"

"You could have used any other washroom in this house when you knew I was going to take a shower"

"How was I supposed to know that?"

"You know my routine after a flight like the back of your hand Shubman so get out now!"

Hearing his full name Shubman knew Ishan was really pissed at him. So he didn't try his luck much longer and unlocked the door.

Ishan went in with the resolve to kick Shubman out. But when he saw the pout on his face his resolve crumbled.

'Okay okay I'll give into this but I'm not going to be the first one to talk', he finalised.

Arranging his clothes on the wall hanger he went towards the sink to wash his face. He could see Shubman looking at him and sighing occasionally with that ever present pout.

He was starting to unbutton his shirt when the sighing became so loud that he couldn't ignore him anymore.

"Baat kya hai Shubi? Tu kuch bolega nahi toh mujhe pata kese chalega?"