crush causes kalesh

It's been three full weeks since Shubman last had his whole heart with him. Before the media knew, before the fans knew he had said to his seniors,

"Meri toh jaan basti hai usmein"

And to be apart from half your heart? No it wasn't easy. But he managed, he had his duties and he had his game to play.

After the short (very long indeed for Shubman) wait, they were playing next against Mumbai Indians at Wankhede.

Gujarat Titans had landed in Mumbai earlier that day. Getting settled in, squeezing in a meeting with everyone and a few hours of rest had the clock showing four in the evening. As the captain Shubman wanted to see the field and make sure of certain things, but were the coaches and other team members on board with it? Not really.

Maybe a little warm up session wouldn't hurt, they thought. But Shubman's eagerness to leave for the ground as soon as possible, his jittery legs throughout the bus ride and constant zoning out didn't help the narrative.

'What's up with the captain?'

Shami knew exactly what was up with him while others pondered over the question.

Pleasantries were exchanged in a quick succession and Shubman was seen walking towards the nets where the MI players were practising even before he took a look back at his teammates.

The head coach came to the rescue and assigned workouts for everyone. But they weren't ready to leave their captain alone. Keen eyes followed him.

Shubman walked around a bit like a lost puppy stopping to chat a bit with his other ICT mates in MI before he resumed his search.

It took a little over ten minutes more of pacing and frustrated looking Shubman to march towards the boundary with a growing smile on his face to pull a 5'6'' figure towards him in a tight hug.

The confused GT member squinted their eyes to see, who their captain was hugging with such an intensity and an extended period of time(?).

When Shubman pulled back to cup the other's face in his hands they knew who it was and resumed whatever they were doing before.

It was of course, Ishan Kishan.

"Oh god! I missed you", a peck on the head.

"I missed you so much", he snuggles closer.

Shubman and Ishan haven't been in the same city or seen each other in the past couple of weeks. It was not their normal.

Now that Shubman has successfully completed the task in hand, he didn't know what to do with rest of his time. So he did what he was absolutely best at, follow Ishan around and be as close to him as possible.

Shubman wanted to pull Ishan away from everyone, just the two of them and talk each other's brain out. He wanted to hold him close, run his fingers through his hair, pull him into a slow ki- .

"Ishan bhai what are you doing there? Weren't you practicing wicket keeping? C'mon I'll assist"

With that Ishan was pulled away from him.

To say Shubman was not happy would be an understatement. He was pissed.

It had to be Tilak Varma, Of course.

Who else would wanna drag his Ishu from him. Who would have the audacity to separate them for apparently no good reason. Practice wicket keeping? Pfft.

Shubman having nothing else to do than stare holes into Tilak, walked back to his team.

While the MI team was walking back to the lockers to change and head back to the hotel, there was an addition to the number. Shubman had tagged along. Nothing out of the ordinary.