our secret (part one)

P.s. Before reading this please keep in mind I've changed a few things about ICT 🥶 national cricket team doesn't exist. There are only franchises and players are bought from their state teams. So hear Ishan and Shubman are in different teams and have never played for the same team.

It was exactly 2:34 am when Ishan received a call from an unknown number. He let it rung out in his disoriented state but the second time when his phone rang with the same number he knew he needed to pick up.

"Hello?"

"I'm calling from Lakeshore hospital. Is this Ms.Kushi's number?"

" Kushi?"

Ishan was confused, was he dreaming? Because nothings made sense. Kushi? Kaun kushi? And why was someone calling from a hospital that too to his personal number asking for KUSHI!?

"Hello? Can you please pass the phone to Ms. Kushi? It's an emergency"

"Sorry, I think you have the wrong number"

"This is the first number registered as the emergency contact in- "

Before the person on the other end could complete the sentence, he remembered who has his personal contact number saved as Kushi. Panic set in and he sat upright, sleep leaving his body.

"What happened?", He asked in a shaky voice.

" The patient has just been brought in and we need someone here to sanction the surgery. Can you please come to the hospital as soon as possible?"

Now Ishan was in full panic mode pacing his room.

How is he? what happened? Why does he need a SURGERY? Ishan's mind screamed these questions but he somehow managed to ask the right thing.

"Can you please tell me the place and name of the hospital again?"

" Lakeshore hospital, Ernakulam"

" Oh my god! How is he? I'm not even near that place , I need to book a flight, I'm still not sure when I'll reach there-", Ishan started ranting partially to himself and the other person.

"Sir, please calm down and let me know when you could reach here at the earliest"

" It-, it will take a couple of hours for-, for me. But please do the necessary, I'll sign the-, whatever once I'm there", Ishan was having a hard time finding his voice.

" Sir, I'll try the other number under the emergency contacts and see if they could make it sooner?"

" Please please do that and I'll come as soon as possible. Please take care of him", Ishan was crying.

" Of course sir, we'll make sure of that" and the call is disconnected.

Ishan knows he needs to leave asap, but his blurry eyes and shaking fingers won't let him get much done. So he did the best thing he could in this situation.

He called his manager and told him about the call, that he needs to leave right now and to do the required.

Let's say he was reliable. Ishan was on a plane directly to Ernakulam within the next hour along with his manager. Yes, his manager accompanied him. Sending a distorted Ishan alone didn't feel like the brightest of ideas.

Meanwhile at the hospital they had managed to get hold of the 'emergency contact 2', who came in with a gang of three in record time.

Emergency contact 2 a.k.a Mohammad Siraj was now pacing outside the operation theatre with two others leaning against the wall and one sitting on the floor.