Chapter two

As Alicent and Rhaenyra where in the garden Maera just stayed in her chambers and read a book. After some time Rhaenyra came in her chambers knocking on the door Maera laid the book to the side of the table and raised her voice. "Come in." She said while sitting up. Rhaenyra opened the door and walked to her sister.

"What is it?" Maera asked while Rhaenyra stood infront of her. "I wanted to ask about Daemon-" before Rhaenyra finished the sentence she looked at her sisters neck a necklace with a charm as a ring. It was their mother Aemma's ring. "That's mother's ring isnt it?" Rhaenyra asked while looking up to her. "Mother gave it to me when I was at her earlier she said I should keep it. We both should." Maera spoke a little Valyrian accent in her voice. Rhaenyra nodded while sitting next to her sister.

"You like reading those books huh?" Rhaenyra asked briefly while she lifts up the book a little and then took it back on the table. "I do. I Like Reading the books of our ancestors like aegon the conqueror or visenya." Maera answers while she clapped her hands in her lap.

"Do you think mother while make it through labor?" Maera asked quietly. Rhaenyra just looked at her tilting her head. "She will, mother is a strong woman, even tho she had many pregnancy's and miscarriages. I believe in her. And then maybe father will finally have a son." Rhaenyra spoke her voice was a little sad but she tried to not show it.

Maera just nodded looking down. After some seconds she looked back at Rhaenyra. "I heard you ripped a page out of a book?" Maera asked while smirking. Rhaenyra just laughed. "I did but it's that alicent remembers." Rhaenyra said while smirking. Maera chuckled while shaking her head. "Go to bed now its late." Maera said while getting up Rhaenyra followed.

Rhaenyra nodded and gave her sister a hug she then turned and left. Maera was alone with her thoughts now what would happen to her mother if she would make it or not. She played nervously with the ring on her necklace but then turned around and walked to bed.