Chapter five

Almost a year has past after Aemmas death and Maera was named heir to the iron throne because daemon was not made to wear the crown.

As daemon found that out while listening to a court session from viserys and the other lords he only smirked. Some days after the court daemon and viserys had a argument in the throne room.

As the late afternoon came Maera came out of her bath chambers walking into her bed chambers but as she enterd she saw daemon leaning against a wall in the corner. Maera looked confused at him and then at the door.

"How did you get in here?" Maera asked curiously. "They are guards infront of my door it's impossible." Maera said while walking closer slowly.

"Well," Daemon said while straightening himself from the wall looking at the balcony before he finished the sentence. "You door is well guarded but you shouldn't leave you balcony open at this hour, princess." Daemon said calmy while a smirk comes up his lips.

Clever. Maera thought. "Don't do that again." Maera said sternly. "What do you want and why are you here?" Maera said while walking to a chair sitting down, sipping from her cup wine while looking at daemon closely. "I was informed that you where named heir a couple of days ago, am I right princess? Or should I say Future Queen?" Daemon answerd while pronouncing the words future queen.

Maera tilded her head. "Well that is correct." She responded while rising from her chair, her hands clasped together before her lap looking at him.
"I thought you didn't care about such things while you follow you desires in pleasure houses or am I wrong?" Maera said bluntly while looking up to daemon a little smirk on her face.

Daemon looked at her curiously. How did she found out he thought to himself. "Can't I gradulate my niece to her coronation as heir?" Daemon said playfully while walking closer to her Maera only raised her eyebrows. "Shouldn't you be in the vail with you lady wife?" The silver haired girl asked him. "I should be. But I have other plans." "What other plans? Putting Otto's head on a spike or what?" Maera spoke, sarcasm dripping in her voice. Daemon chuckled while his eyes flicker to the necklace who's Aemma's ring is as a charm.

Maera looked curiously at daemon. "I think it's better if you go now it's quite late and I don't want people gossiping around us why you where here." Maera said while taking one final look at him and then turning her back to him. Daemon took a last look at her and then left the chambers.

The next day has come and viserys decided who he should marry as a new wife. When everyone was in court including Rhaenyra, Maera and alicent. Viserys finally spoke alicent looked nervously at Rhaenyra. "I have decided to take a new wife." viserys spoke while pausing sharing a glance at Rhaenyra. "I intend to marry the lady alicent Hightower."  As viserys spoke these words Rhaenyra and Maera froze. Alicent looked at both of them. Rhaenyra felt betrayed. One of her closet friends turning her back on her like that. Lord corlys didn't liked that and left the court angered.

Maera wanted to leave and take a deep breath after that but then suddenly two dragonkeepers from the dragonpit came in. Maera tilted her head curiously. Then viserys spoke up. "Skorkydoso zaldrīzo drōmon tōmēpsas urneroti ry laodikson kōttas? [How is it possible that a dragon egg was stolen out from beneath then fifty dragonkeepers?] viserys said angry in high Valyrian.

"Dārilaros Daemon sikio sīdas, Eglivys Aōhys..." [It was prince daemon who was the culprit you grace] One of the dragonkeepers said.
Maera was in pure shock. Why would daemon steal a dragon egg? She thought to herself. But then she remembered what daemon said to her last night. That he had plans. Maera starts to realize what's happening.

"Skorior drōmon Daemon laēttas?" [Wich egg did  Daemon take?] Rhaenyra asked one of the dragonkeepers. "Dārilora Baelo mazumbille iderēptā hēnkon luon." [It was dreamfyres egg the same egg you and you sister chosse for prince baelons cradle.]  As the dragonkeepers spoke those words Maera held her breath. Daemon took the egg of Maeras and Rhaenyras Dead Baby Brother Even viserys was shocked.

"I will go to dragonstone myself." Viserys said while standing up. "No." Ottos spoke. "It's too dangerous for you, you grace. You know how daemons mind is for the throne. I and some knights will go with me." Otto said. "I will go." Rhaenyra spoke. "No you will stay here princess for you safety." Otto spoke while turning back to viserys. Maera grabbed Rhaenyra by her arm slightly so she faces her. "You will stay here I will go and bring the egg back." Maera whisperd to Rhaenyra.

When Otto and his troup had arrived at dragonstone Daemon and the city watch followed shortly. "Welcome to dragonstone Otto." Daemon said while playing with the egg. "You're to relinquish the dragon egg, disband you army and banish you whore." Ottos spoke while daemon gave him a cold stare. "Leave dragonstone by order his grace vise-" Before Otto could finish his sentence daemon cut him off. "Where is the king? Because I can't see him?" Daemon spoke while tilling his head. "You've came for the egg here it is." Daemon said while holding out the dragon egg. "Are you mad? You wouldn't survive this." Otto spoke. "Neither would you." Daemon said.

As they all raised they swords a loud dragon roar was heard from afar. It was Maera And cannibal. As they see them flying above them everyone was shocked. Cannibal landed a bit away from Otto and the knights him roaring loudly. As Cannibal lowerd himself Maera got off of him and told him in high Valyrian that he should stay so did Cannibal.

As Maera walked towards them Daemon only gave her a suprised look. Everyone bowed quickly. "Princess what are you doing here?" Otto spoke. "Avoiding bloodshed." Maera spoke coldy. "Ser christon please get the princess into safety-" before Otto finished his sentence Maera cut him off. "Don't startle Cannibal my lords, He's rather protective of his mother." Maera spoke. Cannibal was like a child To Maera. The dragons are her children. The only children Maera will ever have.

Maera walked towards Daemon no Look of empathy or affection. Only coldness and anger in them. "Vēdroso dāri aōhi iqīdā." [You angered you king, me aswell] Maera spoke in Valyrian. "Indirarion urnion Daor." [I don't See why] Daemon spoke. "Kepus, Daor." [No uncle.] Maera Said. "Nyke dīniklas." [I am to be wed.] Daemon said. "Ābrazyri sīr emā." [You already have a wife.] Maera said. "Derēption lī, daor." [Not one of my choosing.] Daemon spoke. Maera only rolled her eyes. "So you steal the egg off my passed brother hm?" Maera spoke coldly.

"Im right here uncle, You got disinherited because of me. If you want the throne you have to kill me. So do it." Maera spoke while Cannibal only growled quietly in the background. "I maybe will Never be able to have children but I have my dragons. And I will be queen one day." Maera said. Daemon looked at her for a moment he then turned away and threw the egg at Maera. Maera catched it and put it back into the pod.
Then Maera walked back to Cannibal and flew away.