chapter 22 - home

"Surprise!!" Hyerin's and Jake's family shouted as the 3 of them entered the house

"Surprise!!" Hyerin's and Jake's family shouted as the 3 of them entered the house. "Aishh, you guys didn't have to." Hyerin chuckled. "Of course we do! My baby only comes home once a year." Mrs Kang chimed as she embraced Hyerin happily. "I missed you too Eomma." Hyerin said. "Hi appa!" Hyerin smiled widely as she gave her dad a hug.

"Hey princess." Mr Kang smiled widely. "And this must be your friend! Welcome to our home!" Mrs Kang greeted Jungwon excitedly. "My, you are even more handsome in real life!" "Aish, thank you Mrs Kang. Hello Mr Kang, you have a lovely home." Jungwon bowed out of respect.

 "Thank you. We're pleased to have you. Jake! Long time no see, what a fine young man you've become." Mr Kang said as he gave Jake a hug. "It's good to see you too Mr and Mrs Kang!"

"Unnie!" A small little girl came running to give Hyerin a hug. "Hey, kiddo." Hyerin smiled and ruffled her hair. "Who's this? Your boyfriend?" Hana looked at Jungwon curiously. "Hey Hana! I'm Jungwon. I got something for you, your sister told me you love these." Jungwon smiled as he pulled out a pack of hershey kisses.

"Wah! Thank you Jungwon oppa! You're the best!" Hana chimed as Jungwon gave her a high five. "Unnie, your boyfriend is handsome." Hana whispered. "I know right?" Hyerin whispered back. Jungwon simply chuckled at the two.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Sim!" Hyerin greeted. "Hey Erin! Wow, you're so pretty and tall now!" Mrs Sim complimented. "Jakey! I missed you hon." Mrs Sim smiled as she hugged Jake tightly. "Hey Mom, Dad. I missed you guys too." Jake smiled, hugging his parents. "Come in and have a seat." Mrs Kang invited the 3 to the living room as they sat down.

"So, hows everything at the company? Are the managers mistreating you?" "Aish, no eomma, they're good to me." "They better be." Mrs Kang said sternly.

"So anyway, I brought Jungwon home to introduce him to you guys, we have been dating for a while now." Hyerin announced as she took Jungwon's hand. "Omo! I'm gonna have such goodlooking grandchildren!" Mrs Kang exclaimed. Hyerin scratched her neck nervously. 

"Oh? Is that so? Well, I believe he will treat you well because otherwise, who knows what'll happen to him?" Mr Kang added, making Jungwon chuckle nervously.

A few hours passed by, and everyone had a good time catching up, playing games and eating dinner together. It was nearing midnight, so Jake returned to his home with his parents.

 "Eomma, is the guest room still vacant?" Hyerin asked. "Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, we turned the guest room into Hana's study room, so Jungwon will have to sleep together in Hyerin's room." Mrs Kang explained. "Will that be okay Jungwon?"

"Yes, of course. That's totally fine. Thank you so much for letting me stay here." Jungwon thanked as he bowed. "Don't mention it. You can repay me with grandkids." Mrs Kang joked, but not really. "Aishh eomma. We'll get settled in now. Goodnight!" "Goodnight kids!" Mr and Mrs Kang said.

The two  headed into Hyerin's room and started unpacking their stuff. "Wow, everything's just as it was when I left for Korea." Hyerin smiled contently as she looked around her room. "Your bedroom is so cute." Jungwon teased. "The bed looks comfy, I'll try to be gentle later so we don't break it." He grinned mischievously. 

Stunned by his words, Hyerin hit his arm softly. "Yah!" "I'm kidding, gosh. Maybe." He chuckled. "Whatever." She rolled her eyes playfully as she headed to the bathroom to wash up. They were both lying in bed now, getting ready to go to sleep. "I miss my unnies already." Hyerin pouted. "Let me facetime them." She took her phone and dialed a number.

"Hey unnie! You're still awake?" Hyerin exclaimed. "Hey Erin, yeah duh. I'm finishing up my drama." Seoyeon replied through the phone, showing her face in a face mask and hair rollers. "So, did the parents like Jungwon?" "Yeah, they love him. Hana does too." "That's good, I mean, who wouldn't like him?"

"Thanks." A raspy voice answered. "Omo! You two are sharing a bed!?" Seoyeon gasped, putting her hand over her mouth. "Yeah.." Hyerin scratched her neck nervously. "You guys better use protection." "Unnie!" Jungwon watched the whole conversation, enjoying every second.

Hyerin was happy to hear Seoyeon's voice. The separation anxiety is real. They eventually bid their goodbyes and hung up.

"Yah, you're sleeping already?" Jungwon nudged Hyerin who was facing away from him. "You're faking it aren't you?" He added, to no response. "I guess I have no choice." He grinned as he started tickling Hyerin mercilessly. "Ah!! Okay okay! You got me! Stop it!" Hyerin giggled and laughed her ass off, trying to push Jungwon away.

And so, the two had quite an eventful night. Laughing and giggling away, and who knows what else. ;)

@jungwonslatte: hii! so i started school today, so ill try my best to upd quickly, no promises though! im in my 2nd year of college and tryna get my grades up. i still have the passion for writing, so dont worry. i wont abandon this book halfway :)) i hope everyone is doing well in school. have a great day! dont forget to vote & follow <3333