CHAPTER 22

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

New Faces

── ⋅ ⋅ ── ── ⋅ ⋅ ──

You couldn't believe it. After the intense match with the World Five, you were left feeling sore and exhausted. But it wasn't just your body that was aching, it was also your heart. Ever since Shidou Ryusei entered your life, everything had changed.

You admitted that the World Five were on a different level, but you couldn't help but feel a sense of pride for your team, Sakurai Y/n. You were determined to keep pushing forward and prove yourself in the Third round.

But when your alarm went off the next morning, you were so exhausted that you slept right through it. Shidou tried to wake you up, but you were out like a light. So he and Reo decided to leave without you. They knew you needed your rest, and they didn't want to disturb you.

An hour later, you finally woke up to the sound of Ego's voice shouting at you for oversleeping. You panicked and jumped out of bed, getting dressed and ready in record time. But when you went to find your teammates, they were nowhere to be found. It seemed they had left without you.

Feeling a little annoyed and abandoned, you walked down the seemingly endless corridor towards the meeting room. But as you approached, you noticed an open door and heard voices coming from inside. Curious, you walked over and peeked inside.

To your surprise, you saw Isagi and Chigiri on the floor, trying to dodge Shidou's attacks. Reo was standing to the side, laughing at their antics. When they noticed you, all eyes turned towards you.

''Yahoo~!'' You exclaimed, holding up a peace sign. Everyone's attention was immediately drawn to you.

!!!

Isagi, Bachira, Nagi, Chigiri, and the rest of Team Z who had made it through the Second round came running towards you, jumping onto you in a mixture of happiness and anger. They thought you hadn't made it through.

''I can't f*cking breathe! Get off you motherf*ckers!'' You yelled, trying to push them off.

The room fell silent as everyone moved away from you. You got up and dusted yourself off, before bursting into laughter. You high-fived Reo for sticking to the plan.

''I'm glad you're all here'' You said, smiling at your teammates.

''Damn...is there a harem going on or something?'' A voice spoke up from behind you.

You turned around and saw all the other teams that had made it through, there were definitely some new faces in the crowd.

But then you noticed something even more surprising. Shidou was standing close to you, his arm casually draped over your shoulder. You blushed, feeling a little awkward but also happy.