Chapter 3 : Shower Thoughts X Intruder

"You must be joking, right? That's my fucking sister!" Yugen gritted his teeth, trying hard not to yell loudly. It could be seen from the bulging veins on his forehead how angry he was.

"Please change this task for me or at least change the target! That's my bottom line!" Yugen decided not to listen to the system's words, no matter how much he wanted to activate this cheat and harvest its benefits to become stronger. However, he didn't want the cost to be the feelings of his beloved ones—the very reason why he sought strength to protect them.

"The system detected that the only female creature in this world toward whom the host had a higher intimacy is Midnight. The test of the system is to make love with the female that he had the highest level of intimacy with. The test can't be changed."

"The host has one minute to decide whether to accept the task or not. If the host doesn't answer within one minute, he will be judged as refusing by default."

"You bastard..." Seeing the hard attitude of the system, Yugen could only curse it in dissatisfaction.

A countdown appeared in front of Yugen, putting pressure on him.

'I should have guessed it the moment I saw the nasty name of this damned system.' Time is running out; Yugen starts weighing the pros and cons.

"System, this seems a little bit unfair. The task you gave me is difficult, and yet the only reward is getting your approval. Without knowing what you are capable of, how do you want me to accomplish the task?"

The meaning of Yugen's words is clear; he wants some motivation, something from the system worthy of this risk.

'If I can get something that will make me strong enough to protect her from any harm, then...' As if it agreed with Yugen's words, the countdown stopped. Thirty-five seconds remained for him to make a decision.

"Passing the system's trial, the host will naturally get a reward. The reward is a chance to draw the highest level of lottery, and each reward in this level of the lottery is more than enough to let you reach the peak of this world within one or two years! As for the system's functions, besides the lottery function, there are others that will only be disclosed after you pass the trial."

After finishing its words, the countdown continued.

Yugen was shocked.

"A mysterious prize that will allow me to reach the peak of this world within one or two years!" The eyes of Yugen glowed and burned with a strong desire.

Since the death of his parents five years ago—or, it should be said, since he knows that he came to this world of My Hero Academia—Yugen had never felt safe. When he awakened his quirk, he didn't play with other children but instead focused on training his quirk. As his body grew taller and stronger, he started training and asked his parents to enroll him in a dojo where he learned how to fight.

He never slacked a day of training because he knows that the world is going to turn upside down in the near future.

He doesn't want to pin his hope on someone to come and save the day; he wants to control his fate, even for a little bit, and protect his family.

The concept of family was strange to him. In his previous life, he was an orphan, and one of his dreams was to have one. But he died at the age of eighteen, before he even took the first step.

So he cherished this gift and swore that he would grow stronger quickly and protect them. But reality gave him a slap.

His father and mother, who were both heroes, died on a certain mission.

What mission? He doesn't know. Who killed them? He doesn't know.

The one who brought him this news was Midnight, a friend of his mother.

It seems that his mother's last wish was to let Midnight adopt him and be his guardian. Wait until he is mature enough to take their left priorities.

Midnight, his guardian, did all she could to comfort him and cover the absence of his parents. She bought him anything he wanted and treated him more than a relative.

Yugen is very grateful to her. Without her, he would have already given up on living in this world.

The death of a loved one is enough to let you hate life and make you believe that everything is meaningless. Only those who have experienced it will understand.

Thanks to her effort, he regained a little bit of his sanity and vented all of his grief in training.

He wants to get stronger, not only to uncover the culprit behind his parents' death but also to repay Midnight's favor. The least he can do is to prevent that tragedy from happening to her.

'I need power!' Yugen clenched his fist with determined eyes, putting emotions aside and looking at the overall situation. Yugen came to a conclusion: compared to losing a loved one, being hated by them is nothing at all. As long as they are alive, the chance to seek their forgiveness will be there. But if they are dead, then everything is game over.

To save his 'sister,' he must 'do' her!

"I accept your task!" As if he exhausted all of his energy in making this decision, he leaned back weakly on the tube and submerged himself in the water, leaving only his nose and mouth.

He closed his eyes, emptied his mind; he didn't want to think of anything at this moment. He needed to suppress his emotions and let his mind take control from now onward.

*Click*

The sound of the bathroom door being made Yugen open his eyes in surprise.

He lifted his body slightly to look at the door. The moment he saw who opened the door, his eyes widened in shock.