Chapter :13 Thirteen

~annoying ~

Lyla

I had just gotten home from Hayden's house thirty minutes ago and I was exhausted, probably because we spent the rest of the night watching weired  movies, last night, technically this morning, but oh well.

It was currently five forty five and I had just taken a shower and got ready for the day but ended up laying on my bed and falling asleep.

I opened my eyes as the sun hit me through the windows. I sighed and got up then closed the curtains I always seemed to forget to close them. I went back to bed.

I fell asleep once again and was woken up by my phone alarm ringing and I don't know why I had set an alarm. I turned it of then went back to sleep and this time was not disturbed.

~°~°~°~°~°

I woke up to Sunny running up and down on my bed and I groaned as I was still very tired.

"Good morning, boy." I greeted him then picked up my phone from my bed side table to check the time. It was currently ten am.

I got up from my bed then picked up Sunny before walking out.

I made my way downstairs then walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I put Sunny down and he ran out into the backyard using the dog door on the kitchen door.

I found a letter on on the island then began reading it.

'I went out and won't be back until late tonight. There is a meeting for the heads at the mayor's office.

Love you Sunflower-Grandma'

I put the letter back down on the island.

I sat down on a bar stool then turned on my phone and called Hazel. The phone rang for a few minutes before she answered it.

"Hi Ly." She greeted me.

"Hey Hazel. I was wondering if you are doing anything today, and if not can you come over to my house, along with Rylan and the twins if they are not busy?"I said.

" I just got of, of babysitting the Anderson kids and I don't have anything to do for the rest of the day so i will come over. "She said.

We talked a little while longer before ending the call.

I was going to need all of them for the planning of Hayden's birthday, next week.

I got up from the bar stool then made my way out of the kitchen and walked upstairs to my room to get my notebook before coming back downstairs and walking into the living room.

I sat down on the couch. Then began looking through my notebook.

I realized I had not spoken to Ammy and Delilah in a while and decided to call them using facetime.

I turned on my phone and called them on the group. They both answered at the same time after a while.

"Oh, hi Lyla." Delilah greeted me and gave me a rictus smile.

Ammy waved to me as if she did not want to.

I gave them a questioning face but shook it off.

"Hi guys." I smiled at the both of them

"Uh, Lyla we can't be friends anymore." Delilah said without hesitance and my heart dropped as I looked at them both with a confused expression.

"What do you mean, we can't be friends anymore?" I questioned and I looked at Ammy who looked everywhere but me and Delilah who had a non bothered expression on her face.

"We find you to be pretty fucking annoying, and very damn talkative and it is so irritating having to constantly hear you talk." Delilah said and her words felt like a knife to the heart.

I did not know what to say as I became dizzy.

"Ammy, you find me annoying?" I asked her and she still did not look at me and said nothing.

"Yes she does and do yourself and us a favor and stop talking to us." Delilah answered for her then left the call and do did Ammy right after.

Tears ran down my cheeks and I did not know what to say. I would have never thought my best friend from childhood would think I'm annoying.

Ammy out of all people. Delilah I understand, but Ammy. Ammy and I have been best friends since we were three. In high school we met Delilah and the three of us became close until Delilah became a bit distant from me, but I never thought much of it.

I put down my phone on the table and could not stop crying.

There was a knock on the door and I knew it was Hazel. Hazel never knocked, though .

I barely could get up as I felt as if all my strength had been taken away from me, by just the use of words.

I got up from the couch then walked out of the living room then opened the front door and was met with a happy Hazel, who's smile dropped when she saw me.

"H-Hazel." I started and she hugged me without any further words.

"Why Hazel, why." I cried.

"Lyla what's wrong?" She asked me and I cried even more.

"After thirteen years of being friends, Ammy just threw it away."I cried.

" I always had a hunch Delilah did not like me from the day Ammy introduced  us to each other. "I cried.

" Why would she do that to me. I thought she was my best friend. Best friend, forever. "I cried.

Hazel listened to me as I talked.

" After thirteen years and all of a sudden she thinks I am annoying and talkative . "

" What happened to the Ammy who always loved listening to all my stories? "

" What happened to the Ammy that always said we would be best friends forever?"

"What happened to my best friend the one I could call my best friend?"

Hazel stroked my hair and I had zero words left.

"Lyla." She began, letting go of me and holding my cheeks.

"Lyla, ever since you came to Seaside Bay you had friends who will always care for you , even when you go back to the city. We all care about you and have loved every single moment we have spent with you since we met you. You are so nice and amazing and so fun to listen to. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise. "She continued.

I wiped away my tears but more threatened to fall as the pain was still there.

" Why did you knock? "I asked her out of nowhere and she smiled.

" Thought I would try it. "She replied.

" Hmm. "

" Hayden's birthday is coming up and I need yours, Rylan and the twins help to plan it. "I said but my words came out as a whisper.

" Rylan and the twins are busy today. "She said as we walked in and closed the door then walked to the living room.

" I will imformed them. "I said as we sat down on the couch.

I looked at Hazel who was smiling at me and slightly smiled.

What happened today pained me but I am thankful for Hazel. Just like many people here I care about her a lot and I know she cares about me.