Chapter :15 Fifteen

~Glass jar~

Lyla

I was very excited since I woke up because it was my favorite boy's birthday.

I had gotten help from my grandma to make his gift. I had spent two days walking around town square looking for a gift for him but never found what I was looking for. I decided to make it, besides the best gifts are the custom made ones.

It was a glass jar with beach sand and ocean water and a few sea shells in side and there was also a paper that could not get wet inside that was open and it had a message I knew he would love. So he can always have the ocean with him.

"Tell Hayden I said happy birthday,and have a great day, Sunflower." My grandma said as I was about to leave the house after I got a text from Rylan saying they were outside.

"Sure will." I walked out of the house closing the door behind me.

Rylan also drove a jeep, he drove a jeep wrangler.

I opened the door then got in.

"Hey Ly." The twins greeted me before going back to what they were doing before I walked in.

"Hi Lyla." Hazel turned around and greeted me before turning back around.

"That is so fucking stupid." Rylan said, I think to the radio because he was listening to a podcast before turning around and greeting me.

He began driving. "Where is Hayden?" I asked Hazel,who was the only non busy one. "He went to the beach early today at around Four am and has been there, since." She answered.

We did not take long to arrive and I got out of the car first then ran to the beach and found Hayden standing looking at the beach.

I hugged him and he hugged me back." Happy birthday. Your Eighteenth birthday is going to be your best most amazing birthday ever." I said letting go of him.

"My mother used to say that every year." He said a smile on his face.

I smiled.

Everyone else walked up to us and each had gifts in their hands.

"I am so excited for you to open the gifts." I said excitement clear in my voice and Hayden smiled.

"I will go last." I said and Hayden went up to one of the beach benches then sat down.

"Hazel and I got you a gift together. And this is a new thing when it comes to you, and you are not fair each year when we wanted to get you a gift you always refused but now when Lyla asks you say yes." Rylan said handing Hayden a gift and I laughed.

"I guess I'm more good at persuading." I said.

"She said please." Hayden said.

"Open it." Hazel said while excited.

Hayden opened it. It was a realistically drawn drawing of all of us framed. Hayden smiled as he looked at the picture then looked up at Hazel and Rylan.

"Thank you, you two." He thanked them and Hazel smiled then Rylan scrunched his nose.

"Stop being nice, you are supposed to say something very mean, but nice. That's how we roll." Rylan said and Hayden chuckled.

"Thanks, dumbshit." He said to Rylan and Rylan smiled causing me laugh. Their friendship is something.

Hazel and Rylan walked away and went to swim.

"Just so you know you are a very hard person to shop for and this was a first time, so yeah." Cora said, then Cori handed Hayden their gift.

Hayden looked at the two of them before opening the gift and was supprised by a pop up snake that seemed to be biting a boy.