Chapter :19 Nineteen

~Bored ~

Hayden

Lyla has been very quiet lately everytime we hang out, and it's bugging me not hearing her random stories.

"Why are you not talking to me?" I ask her as she sits down on the other swing.

"Are you bored?" She asks and I realize that she is trying to prove a point. Last week I told her I would never get bored around her and she said if she did not talk to me, I would.

"Not at all."I answered and she frowned.

" Okay then I guess we can just sit here in silence and not get bored. "She said.

I shook my head." Okay then, Belleza. I am bored. "I said and she smiled as she faced me.

" Finally. I watched this other movie three days ago I had been meaning to tell you about. "She began.

She told me about the movie then proceeded to tell me about three other movies, And I just listened to her a smile on my face.

Lyla got up from the swing then stood in front of me before taking my hands and pulling me up onto my feet.

" Let's go for a walk on the beach. "She said as she intertwined our fingers and we began walking out of the beach park.

We walked down the stairs from the park and onto the beach.

" Can you believe it in three days summer is coming to an end. "She began as she rested her head on my shoulder as we walked.

I hummed." If only summer could last forever, but I also love winter too but you know,summer ."She said.

" I heard that there is going to be a beach bonfire in three days for the end of summer festival. "She added and she stopped and faced me.

She smiled and I raised one eyebrow then gave her a smile.

" Hayden. Are you going with anyone to the bonfire? "She asked me and I chuckled.

" You are supposed to say no then ask me to go with you. "She said and I chuckled.

" Belleza, would you like to go with me to the bonfire?"I asked her and she smiled.

" Why yes of course. "She answered and I gave her a peck.

She looked away from me the looked at the distance.

" The sunset is so beautiful-"She stopped then looked at me." Just say it already. "She added.

" It is so beautiful, just like you. "I said and she rolled her eyes then smiled.

" I am glad I don't have to leave after summer ends. "She looked back at the distance and I smiled as I looked at her.

" Don't you just sometimes think about the future, and how it is going to be?"She asked me and I looked away from her then also looked into the distance.

" Not really, because I know my future is right here at Seaside Bay. And it's where I want my future to be, and to continue my family name here. "I answered.

" Are you scared for the future? "She asked.

" No. As long as you are in my future I am pretty sure I will be more then fine. "I answered.

She wrapped her arms around my torso and we just stayed like that as we watched the sun set.

I have never really thought about the future because I never had to. I always knew where I wanted to be ever since I could remember and that would be here at Seaside Bay, at home.