chapter 13

ALORA WAS ALMOST ALWAYS RIGHT but when she told her two friends that the son of poseidon was alive they were not convinced. The trio watched as the arch smoked from the ground covered in police and firefighters. And with the luck they had, they were questioned by said police.

"We should go when Annabeth gets back." Grover stated, avoiding the eyes of the detectives at the scene that were currently questioning Annabeth while Aloras attention was on the three elderly women staring at them.

"Yeah." Alora muttered, while she thought about how she knew these women. One of the women held blue yarn, one that reminded Alora of Percy, and a pair of scissors. She lifted them and chopped the yarn while they all stared directly at the girl. Then it clicked.

"Come on, let's go." Annabeth said as she came over to the two.

"What?" Alora finally turned away from what seemed to be a daze to the other two.

"Let's go before we get arrested." Annabeth persisted.

"We need to find Percy first."

Annabeth and Grover shared a look that said 'who's going to tell her?' before Grover sighed.

"Alora..."

"Don't." She stopped him immediately. "He is alive. Let's go find him and get out of here."

She walked straight ahead and the other followed behind her, deciding to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"Percy!" they called out as they searched the pier. Alora wasn't leaving until they found him.

She turned a corner and froze, Annabeth and Grover following her. There he was. He climbed over the railing and stood still.

"Hi," he panted as he sheepishly waved. "Look I'm sorry about shoving you into the stairwell."

Alora didn't care about that in that moment. She ran as fast as she possibly could and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying his face in his shoulder. Relief filled her body after seeing those women, for a second she forgot all about them.

Was he soaking wet? Yes. Did she care at all? No.

Percy felt frozen before he realised that she didn't slap him but held onto him tightly as if he would disappear if she didn't. He wrapped his arms around her back, smelling the vanilla scented perfume on her neck. He could stay like that forever.

Annabeth and Grover watched the interaction in amusement.

"So..." Grover said and Alora remembered the other two were there. She pulled away from him but still stared incase he vanished. "You're not as dead as we thought you were."

"Surprise."

"I didn't think he was dead." Alora snapped back, not taking her eyes away from him. He smiled at her. A smile that nearly reached his ears.

"What the hell happened?" Annabeth asked, not meaning to sound so harsh. "Sorry, I mean, what happened?"

"Short version, we need to go to Santa Monica." Percy stated and Alora furrowed her eyebrows.

"You told me that santa was the fat christmas man?" She asked, tilting her head.

"I taught you well." Percy couldn't help but smile at the fact she listened to everything he told her. Even the stupid stuff.

"Santa Monica." Grover emphasised, sick of all the puppy love. "It's a place. Why are we going to Santa Monica again?"

"My father's gonna meet me there." He said nonchalantly. "He's gonna help us."