chapter 17

ALORA COULD SLEEP THROUGH ANYTHING, that is how she found herself peacefully asleep against Percys shoulder in the truck to L.A. Despite all the animals creating a ruckus around them, the two somehow were able to fall asleep side by side.

However Alora woke up when the dream hit her. In the dream she could make out a fast blur of a camp half-blood t-shirt talking to a man at a desk before she could see Percys frightened face. The dream ended as a distorted voice called out to her,

"Come on Alora, it's time to go."

Aloras eyes snapped open, causing Percy to look at her in concern.

"Sorry, did i wake you?" He asked in worry as he had been trying to sit perfectly still to prevent that.

"No, don't worry." Alora mumbled as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, thinking over the dream. "Come on."

The girl stood up and pulled the boy up after her over to where Annabeth sat, trying to contact camp.

"Can you see where we are?" Annabeth called to grover who had climbed to the opening at the roof of the truck. The satyr stuck his head through the opening in response.

"We're almost there." He said in relief. Truck life wasn't for the weak. Suddenly an ethereal ringing came from the crystal.

"I finally got a signal." Annabeth said happily, having spent the past hours trying to do so.

"Toss it seaweed brain." Alora nudged Percys arm as he held the drachma, laying her head on his shoulder sleepily.

The boy did as he was told and the light reflection started to let out mystical noises.

"This will never stop being weird." The boy. Everything that happened in the past few days was unbelievable to him, if he heard it from anyone else he would call them crazy.

"If you want the gods attention, you have to pay for it." Annabeth explained as her and Alora both closed their eyes and spoke, "Oh Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, please accept our offering."

This seemed to work as the colours started to blend together, making Annabeth sit up straighter.

"Okay show me camp half blood, Chiron's office."

Suddenly a figure appeared, a very familiar figure to be exact.

"Luke?" Percy asked as he furrowed his eyebrows, causing Luke to turn and face them.

"Alora? Annabeth? Percy?" Luke spoke, his voice sounding like an echo, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine." Annabeth looked to Alora in confusion who simply shrugged. "Where's Chiron?"

"Chiron's holding camp together with both hands." Luke shook his head. "Everyone thinks we're going to war, so the cabins are taking sides."

"Where should i place my bets?" Alora mumbled into Percys shoulder and he smiled down at the girl.

"Please tell me you're calling with good news."

"We know who stole the bolt." Percy told him, and if it weren't for her head being deep into Percys shoulder, Alora would have seen the way Lukes face fell slightly.

"How do you know?" Luke asked, a certain urgency in his voice.

"We ran into Ares, and Grover got him talking and realised Ares knew who the thief was but was covering for them." Annabeth explained, making the person seemingly obvious. "So, who would Ares cover for other than..."

"His favourite daughter." Luke cut her off. "Clarisse is the lightning thief."

"Chiron's gotta arrest her, find out what she knows." Percy said immediately. "There's more to this than just the bolt, something bigger. Don't ask me how i know, you just gotta trust me."