Chapter 7 : Angels and Anger

A Meowing, Delicately Soft Angel

Sunday came far too soon for my liking. I purposely scheduled to work overtime so I would arrive late for dinner. My phone rang once, alerting me of Mother's call but I didn't bother receiving it. She knows I'm coming so why irritate me before then.

I was almost an hour late when I reached the place: Khan Household. I moved out after joining university and rarely ever bothered coming back. Looking back, I should've just moved abroad. At least that way, mother would have had more difficulty in controlling me.

I didn't bother taking my car inside. I parked near the street, and walked the rest of the way. The night breeze helped me calm the storm in my head, 'Just get through this dinner, keep a straight face and don't fight'. It'll be okay, let's go.

I entered through the iron gate, memories flooding my mind - How I used to jump over the walls to escape mother's irritating friends and photographers, the countless late night walks to calm down in the cold breeze.

I was walking up the driveway when I heard a small noise. 'Aww' and 'So soft' were prevalent among the many incoherent, jumbled sentences. I was going to ignore it but fuck, that voice... I want to see who it is.

I changed my direction and followed the sounds. I ended up near the border trees, and the voice was coming from behind them. I was careful to be as quiet as possible and peeked behind the trees and bushes.

At first, I couldn't comprehend what I was seeing. All I saw was a huge circle of purple and black fabric, spread in a circle. That was until I raised my eyes and saw long, brown hair spread across someone's back.

I was mesmerised as I hid behind the tree and kept staring. I could still hear her whispering praises to something, her voice still gentle and comforting. I wish she would turn around so I could see her face. Woah, where did that thought come from?

"Meow, meow," the girl whispered again before cooing when the animal in her arms would reply back with a smaller 'meow'. So she's holding kittens, in her beautiful dress, while sitting on the ground... Isn't she concerned her dress would be ruined?

"Oh, you're so cute and soft and oof, my heart hurts from your adorableness! Is that even a word? Well, it is now because that's what you have. A huge amount of adorableness!" Cute... Innocent... And then I saw her face and my mind went blank.

Her clear, unmarked skin with hair slipping in front of her eyes. Her lips looked so plump and soft, while her cheeks, blushing due to the cold night breeze, looked so delectable. I suddenly felt the urge to bite them, so bad...

In my daze, I accidentally took a step forward, breaking a fallen twig on the ground, causing her to panic and turn around, and let me tell you, at that moment, I froze.

Her eyes were a deep shade of hazel, and her button nose was so perfect on her face. I broke out of my daze when I heard a loud scream. While I was busy being mesmerised by the angel in front of me, she was busy screaming bloody murder.

In an attempt to shut her up, I took a step forward, ready to explain to her who I am, but she only screamed louder. Oh, fuck it!

I bent down and wrapped an arm around her waist to lift her off the ground. Her weight felt so heavenly in my arms but I need her to stop screaming for now. Her body hit my chest and fuck, I could die with how soft she felt against me.

I quickly put my hand on her mouth, muffling her screams as she continued to try and kick me. Her short height became apparent as she barely reached my shoulder.

From so close, I could see her beautiful eyes sparkling. Even though it was from tears, they shined as the moonlight fell on them, and I was mesmerised.