Chapter 14 : Gifts and Idiots

Gifts and Idiots

Getting out of bed the next morning felt like hell. I really should've changed into some comfortable clothes before falling on the bed. But after Zaviyaar left, I was too scared to even spend too long in the washroom. I'm pretty sure I heard some scary noises from outside as well.

Judging by the warm comforter draped over me, he must have come back during the night. Where did he go though? He couldn't have spent the night with someone else... could he? He was so angry with me but he wouldn't have gone to someone else, right?

My worries paused as a whimper escaped me. The stiffness in my neck and the pain in my body were beginning to become more apparent. I really shouldn't have slept in this dress...

As I rubbed the back of my neck to relieve some pain, my thoughts drifted back to last night. Zaviyaar's mood had shifted so quickly... One minute he was so gentle with me and then the very next, he was angry and shouting.

I flinched when the door suddenly opened and pulled the comforter to cover my chest up to my neck. These surroundings are so unfamiliar to me that the slightest noise makes me want to hide. I miss home...

As soon as I saw Zaviyaar's hulking figure enter, I immediately shifted my gaze to the floor. My hands were out of my control as they started fidgeting within the covers when he started walking towards my side of the bed. I could feel the tension emanating from my entire body and filling the room. Can he feel it?

My heart thundered within my chest as anxiety filled me to the brim. I want to hide under the covers but I think that would only make Zaviyaar more angry than he already is. Stupid heart, stop beating so fast!

I forced my body to remain in my place as he stopped near the sofa beside me and sat down. My heart was beating at a frantic pace as I waited for him to say something, anything at all, but he remained silent. I could feel him staring at me but he still wasn't saying anything. What does he want? Is he waiting for me to do something?

Slowly, I raised my gaze to his, continuously second-guessing my decision to do so. And just as I suspected, he was waiting for me to look up. He was already dressed in a perfectly tailored grey suit with polished shoes. Is he going to the office today?

'Would you rather he spend the whole day with you?' my subconscious has a point though. It's better that he goes to the office rather than me being scared to even breathe in the wrong way.

"Breakfast is almost ready. Some dresses are in the cupboard. Change and we'll go downstairs." He pointed his finger to a cupboard in the corner. Beside the entrance door was an extravagant dressing table with a few perfumes and stuff on it. Those must be his.

Last night, my mind was too preoccupied with other matters to even notice my surroundings too much. But now that I was wide awake, I could see that the room I was in was huge.

There were so many cupboards, he could have simply made a separate dressing room in their place. The designed marble floor was sparkling in the sunlight peeking in from the partitioned curtains. Each ray of sunlight felt like it was visible to my naked eyes. Pretty...

A coughing sound brought me out of my Lalaland as I jerked my head back in place. Shoot! I forgot Zaviyaar was sitting here as well.

At least his room is pretty with all the furniture and stuff. And the black comforter on me is so smooth and furry and soft and pretty! It's definitely mine now.

A whimper escaped me as a hand held my chin and jerked my head up. Oh, Shoot! I forgot again...

Zaviyaar stood beside my small figure, his one hand holding my head up while the other remained in his pocket. With how close he was to me, I could smell his cologne and it was causing me to feel heady. NO!