01 | Qualities

Vishaka, a 25 year old girl working in MNC is a lean and short girl wearing spectacles. She is a normal average girl with medium complexion.

Though she works in MNC, she is of very shy type. Vishaka is very delicate at heart and more of reserved character. 

Her parents started with the groom search process and finally they have agreed to arrange the meet, with the groom family the coming weekend.

Vishaka, did not have any crush or boyfriend earlier. Even if she has any crush or love, to her nature she would definitely not reveal her feelings.

Seeing Harish photo the prospective groom, whom her parents have selected, a smile brimmed on her lips. He too works in the same Company as hers but in different location.

She liked him instantly with the photo by his looks. It is not good to fall for the looks ,without knowing about the character of the person and their attitude.

But everything was new for Vishaka. The moment  her parents informed about Harish profile she developed her feelings for him.

She was not in right state of mind to accept that one should not fall for the looks. 

Vishaka spent the next 2 days thinking about him , living in her own dreamland already deciding that he is her future husband.

She was feeling happy inwardly and felt more shy to share this to anyone. 

Finally the weekend arrived. Harish and his parents, along with 2 more relatives of him came to Vishaka's house. 

While the elders were talking in general, Vishaka tried to steal glances at him. He looked smart and handsome in real than in photo.

She swallowed the smile that was continously emanating from her lips on seeing him. 

Post the general talks, Vishaka and Hari was asked to talk separately. Vishaka felt super nervous and at the same time excited as well to stand before him.

Harish stood silently observing her. Its been a minute since they came to terrace.

None of them spoke anything. Vishaka was continuing her fancy of stealing glance at his looks. 

Hearing no noise from him, she slowly lifted her head to look at him. 

"this is the 14th time you are looking at me since  I came to your house" he spoke. 

Hearing it , her face turned a darker shade of red in embarrassment and shy. She was not aware till now that he was noticing her actions.

"do you want to ask me anything ?" he queried

Vishaka nodded her head indicating 'no'. She did not prepare anything on what to ask him.

The past 2 days she was engrossed thinking about him and singing duet in her dream that she forgot what to ask or talk to him.

"ok... then let me ask. Do you wear modern dress?" 

She nodded her head again as 'No'

'Why?" 

"appa won't allow" she spoke in low voice

"why can't you wear lenses than glases?" 

"I am comfortable with glases than lens"

Vishaka was fiddling with the end strands of her pallu, tearing each thread from it. 

"you are going to rip the whole saree by removing the thread" he tried to remove her hand to give freedom for the saree pallu.

Suddenly, Vishaka stepped back a little and withdrew her hand as well from him. Though it felt good, her heart was beating at a faster rate when he came near and toucher her hand.

He clearly noticed her shyness and her liking towards him from the beginning.

"you seem to be such an old school. I don't know how you are surviving in MNC"

Vishaka remained silent not knowing what to reply. Harish continued.

"See Vishaka, let me be frank. You are not my type. I don't see any qualities in you that I expect from my future wife. In fact I was not interested to meet you, but my parents have shortlisted 3 profiles for me to meet. 

One of them is you. I am not complaining about your features or body shaming. But I do have some basic expectations on how my wife should be.

One who is bold and confident, little jovial ,outgoing and broad minded. But you seemed to be completely opposite to what I expect. So..."

Tears started to form a pool around her eyes. 

"hey... are you crying?" he asked seeing the tears that escaped her eyes which fled like a river.

Rubbing her eyes, Vishaka went down. Harish too rushed down to see what she is up to. But nothing happened.

Vishaka did not say anything and remained neutral with a small tight lipped smile. 

He sat on the sofa and looked at Vishaka. She did not look at him and had her heads bent down.

Anyone who see her would think she is feeling shy to look. But only Hari knew that she is crying.

Few minutes later, Harish and his parents  left stating they would let their decision soon.

Stepping out of her house, while sliding his slippers , he noticed Vishaka looking at him with teary face.

He felt bad of himself for hurting her. He scolded himself for outrightly rejecting on her face.

Harish took this as a lessons learned and decided not to hurt anyone hereafter with his words and actions. 

~*~*~ ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~It hurts to see you go ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*