02 | Fiancé

Its been 2 weeks since Harish has rejected Vishaka. His parents informed Vishaka's parents that he is not interested in marriage right now.

Hearing it Vishaka's parents shouted at  them for wasting their time with the meet , when he is not interested in marrying.

One evening, Harish was dropped to the near by Bus stop, by his friend after their Team dinner. He took his phone to book a cab from there to his house.

Entering the pick up and drop location, he clicked on 'book' to search for cabs.

Just then a bus came by to drop the passengers. Harish casually looked in to the crowded bus in front of him.

He quickly cancelled the ride in his mobile and got in to the bus which already started.

He was travelling on the footboard while looking at Vishaka through the window. She was standing inside the bus holding the handbar.

"padi la nikkadha... mela yeru.. ulla evlo edam iruku.. en paa thambi ulla po pa" 

(don't stand on the footboard, go inside there are lot of space available) the conductor shouted at the passengers travelling in foot board.

Behind her a guy was standing. He seemed to be falling and touching unwantedly on Vishaka. 

Vishaka managed to move and adjust herself due to the uncomfortableness the man behind him was giving.

He touched her fingers that was holding the handbar pretending it was accidental. 

When the sudden breaks applied, he almost fell on her and even touched her shoulders. Vishaka did not know what to do.

She did not have the guts to shout at him. May be he too did not have space and its not his fault in the jam packed bus is what she thought.

Harish managed to squeeze himself in to the crowded bus and went near Vishaka.

He was standing behind Vishaka hence she did not notice him. Between Vishaka and Harish the other guy was standing. 

Harish noticed the guy falling unwantedly and trying to touch Vishaka in inappropriate places. He pulled the guy by his collar harshly making him stumble back. 

"Hello , sir, what do you want?" shouted the guy removing his hand from the collar.

"I don't have space, move" spoke Harish with gritted teeth. Hearing the voice, Vishaka turned her head and saw him.

Seeing him a wave of happiness crossed her face. A familar face to help her in the difficult situation.

"I can't move. Its already crowded. If you wanted space, you should have booked a cab" retorted the guy and stood without moving. 

Harish pushed him harshly to the other side and stood behind Vishaka.

"boss.. enna pandreenga" (what are you doing?) the guy shouted.

"if you dare to open your mouth, I will inform what you were trying to do. Then all the ladies will beat you with their slippers" Harish spoke in low voice.

The guy stood silently and paved way for him. "paa.. ticket eduthiya nee? endha stop la erina?"

(did you get the ticket or not? which stop did you boarded?)
the conductor asked. 

Harish bought the ticket and stood behind Vishaka. He held her hands over the handbar and threw his other hand over her shoulders in a protective manner.

Vishaka flinched thinking it was the other guy. She was not aware that Harish is now standing behind her.

Bending near to her ears, "its me.. don't panic" said Harish and stood straight.

She felt goosebumps erupting when he spoke so close to her ears. But she could not forget what he spoke previously and how he made her cry.

Though it was relieving to hear that he was the one touching and not the other man , she still  removed his hands from her. 

"Hello, you spoke so much, but look at what you are doing now" the guy teased Harish.

"She is my fiance. So I have the rights" Harish replied. Hearing it Vishaka looked at him suddenly turning her face. A slight glint of happiness crossed her face which Harish noticed. 

Then no one spoke anything.The bus was travelling with the crowded passengers, who were getting down at each stop. 

Finally, the stop where Vishaka has to get down came. Both Vishaka and Hari stepped down from the bus. 

"hey.. can't you come in cab? Why do you take the bus at this time? that too this much crowded bus?" Harish shouted. 

As usual Vishaka did not reply. " This is the reason I am saying. I wanted the girl to be bold and confident, handling any type of situation.

Why can't you shout or slap at him initially? I can't be there every time protecting you"

Vishaka remained silent. Composing himself after a minute, he spoke again "Sorry for whatever I spoke back then at your home. I did not mean to hurt you. I... I know you like me, but I don't.."

His sentence was cut short by her 'Thanks for your help'. 

She left him abruptly. Harish felt angry at her behavior and did slight jogging to catch her. He held her hand and turned her towards him. 

She removed her hand from him shyly and tried to walk. 

"hey ... nilu di... " (Hey.. stop) 

He caught her hand again with a tight hold. Vishaka looked at her hand which was under his hold. He did not seem to take his hand and the grip was strong.

"enna pakra..nan un kaya pudika kudadha ? adhuku enaku urimai ilaya?" 

(what's that look for? Don't I have the rights to hold your hand?)

 She nodded her head in denial  and quickly removed her hand from him with a force.

Seeing her walk away, Harish's  anger knew no bounds. He did not know for what reason he is angry.

He got a call. It was from his mom asking when he would return home. Sighing dejectedly, he cut the call after informing her that he is on the way.

Harish had a restless night reaching home. He did not get proper sleep thinking about Vishaka. Her not allowing him to touch , not talking with him. It was pestering him.

Today she did not even steal glances of him frequently as she did earlier.  It drove him crazy. 

Her naiveness, reserved character, her cute way of looking at him, all these gestures of her were occupying his mind. The next day blossomed fresh and so do was his mind. 

He was clear on what his heart wants. He realized he likes Vishaka and wanted to marry her. 

  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* and suddenly, it was all about you~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*