⤷ 10| A HEIST

CHAPTER TENa heist

CHAPTER TEN
a heist

⋆. ────────── ꕥ ────────── .⋆

JUNIPER BLACK WOULD NEVER ADMIT SHE WAS NERVOUS. Not because she had trouble expressing her feelings, but because she didn't want people to worry about her.

Currently, she was sitting on the floor in Andromeda's bedroom and sat still as the older witch braided her hair. Nymphadora sat on the floor opposite from her and was revising all of the curses and hexes she could possibly need.

"Last but not least," Nymphadora said, ending their two hour long revision. "Try not to die."

June grinned. "I'll try not to."

"Good, because my child needs his or hers godmother."

June's mouth popped open before she grinned broadly. "Really?"

Nymphadora leaned forward and grabbed her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "There is no one I'd trust more with my child—except for you, Mum."

They laughed and Andromeda finished off the braids. When June looked in the mirror, she saw that Andromeda had made two boxer braids—ideal for the heist.

"Thank you," June said, giving the older woman a tight hug. "I'll be back soon."

"Be careful," Andromeda said, hugging her tightly back.

"I will, I promise."

After saying goodbye, June made her way down the stairs and saw Remus drilling the boys with "be careful", "don't let her do impulsive things" and also a "don't die".

Juniper grabbed her black coat and clasped it around her shoulders. The four of them were all clad in black, wanting to blend in with the night.

"Ready?" June asked the boys.

They nodded.

"Ready?" June asked Kreacher, looking down.

"Yes, Mistress Juniper. Kreacher will come and get you when he is called!"

June smiled. "Thank you, Kreacher."

The four of them left the beach house and headed towards the beach. There, they Apparated into a dark alley in Hogsmeade. June's feet touched road. She saw the achingly familiar Hogsmeade High Street: dark shop fronts, and the outline of black mountains beyond the village, and the curve in the road ahead that led off towards Hogwarts, and light spilling from the windows of the Three Broomsticks.