⤷ 16| BACK TO BLACK

chapter sixteen : back to Black

☆ ☆ ☆

It was well past midnight when Juniper, Harry and Hermione left the hospital wing. Professor Dumbledore, who had come to the hospital wing after safely locking Pettigrew away, had promised that no harm would come to Sirius.

"Where have you been?" Angelina's voice came the moment the trio entered the common room. "We were worried sick when you didn't show up!"

The dark haired girl engulfed Juniper in a tight hug and was soon joined by Alicia.

"I'm okay, guys," June said, patting their backs. "I've actually got quite a story to tell."

"It better be good," Angelina muttered.

"Oh, it will be."

The three of them sat down while Harry and Hermione went up to their dormitories and Juniper started to tell them what had happened.

"So your uncle is innocent?" Angelina exclaimed.

"Yeah," June said, nodding, a smile forming on her lips.

"That's great, June!" Alicia said, smiling. "I'm happy for you."

"I am, too," Juniper said, smiling. "But I'm even happier for him. He finally gets his freedom back."

"I can't imagine being in Azkaban for twelve years." Alicia shook her head. "The man must've been to hell and back."

Juniper shuffled onto her seat. Thinking about how Sirius had suffered wasn't something she wanted to do.

"We can only make the best of it," June replied seriously. "I cannot change the past, but I can change the future. I'll make sure he'll have the best life I can give him."

☆ ☆ ☆

June was delighted to see that Sirius was no longer in his prison attire the next day. Instead, he wore robes that, with one glance, June knew were from Remus. He even had a haircut.

"You certainly look better than you did yesterday," Juniper pointed out, a grin forming on her lips.

"I always look good," Sirius replied. He, too, was grinning.

Juniper shook her head. "Now I know where I got my wits from."

"You're welcome, kid."

"So, any idea where you would be living when you're released from the hospital wing?" Juniper asked, sitting down on the bed opposite of him. "You could live with us. I don't think Meda will mind."