𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕.

Ebony's Pov2018 has been going well for me so far

Ebony's Pov
2018 has been going well for me so far. I've been working on opening my own nail salon for a while now. I started taking more appointments from customers at my home. I'm being careful not to take on too many at once to avoid overworking myself.

Jorja deserves the credit. She's been ensuring I don't overextend myself while juggling my upcoming business and club dancing. It's easy to feel overwhelmed, and I've done everything to prevent that. I'm not naturally a great multitasker.

Post that New Year's kiss with Jorja, it was evident there was an undeniable spark between us. I was uncertain about its nature, but it was compelling enough to make me consider the next step, albeit unsure of the approach.

It was apparent she enjoyed the kiss just as much as I did, but I was still left contemplating if her emotions echoed mine. I know I needed to overcome my fear of rejection and discuss it with her soon.

"Alright, I'm finished. I'll just take a few photos and you'll be all set," I informed her, grinning faintly, quickly plunging the acrylic brush into the water cup before grabbing my phone to capture some pictures.

It was my debut with duck nails on a customer and I was happy about the outcome. They were adorable and my client loved them.

"These are so cute! How much do I owe you?" The lady asked, rummaging through her purse for some cash. I glanced up from my phone, right as I was about to post the pictures on my newly created nail account on Instagram.

"Um, just $75! considering they're short." I responded. I was completely conscious that I needed to sort out my pricing, but just haven't found a moment to do it. I was definitely going to do it as soon as I could. But for now, winging out affordable prices was the way to go.

The woman reached into her purse and plopped a $100 bill on the table. I squinted in confusion because I had just mentioned $75. Maybe she was expecting some change. I quickly rummaged through the drawer and grabbed $25 to give her as her change.

"Here's your ch-"

The redheaded woman let out a small chuckle and rose from her seat, casually slinging her purse over her shoulder. "Nah, that's a $25 tip for you. I'll absolutely be booking with you again, girl," she declared, grinning warmly.

My eyes grew wide and I instantly returned her smile. There was something about receiving affirmation from others about my passions that filled me with joy. "Thank you so much. I can't wait for your next set!"

After my client left, I quickly cleaned up the area I had set up in my living room. I took off the mask and threw it away. The strong smell of acrylic always bothered me, so I wore a mask while working. I immersed my brushes in a cup of water and stowed away the acrylic materials. After wiping down the table, I folded it up and tucked it away in the laundry room.

Fortunately, that was my final appointment for the day. After catering to five clients in total, I was utterly exhausted.

"I'm hungry, but I can't decide what to eat," I mumbled to myself, as I made my way upstairs to shower. I concluded that ordering takeout was the best option since I wasn't in the mood to cook, and doubted I could whip up anything that would satisfy my taste buds.