𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯"After a thorough examination of the evidence and taking into account the welfare of the child, I have reached a decision

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯
"After a thorough examination of the evidence and taking into account the welfare of the child, I have reached a decision. Ms. Marie, you have prevailed in the custody case against Soléigh's mother, Ms. Brown. The case is hereby dismissed." The judge declared, bringing the gavel down with finality.

"Ms. Brown, the court has concluded its deliberation. You are hereby sentenced to a term of six months' incarceration for the offense of child neglect, followed by a period of supervised visitation to ensure the child's welfare. This sentence reflects the gravity of the offense and the court's commitment to the child's best interests."

As the judge's gavel fell, a murmur rippled through the crowd, and the courtroom erupted into a flurry of movement as people quickened towards the exits. Jorja's eyes sought Ms.Brown, their gazes locked momentarily, a blank expression on Ms.Brown's face as officers approached, securing her wrists in cuffs and escorting her from the judiciary hall.

The woman seemed indifferent to the entire situation. The custody victory, the hands entrusted with her child—none of it seemed to matter to her. It was as if she had been anticipating this very moment.

It was disheartening and disgusting.

Jorja found herself glued to the seat, unable to budge. The thought of gaining custody of Soléigh was one of her main aspirations, but she had always envisioned accomplishing it with Ebony's support.

Deprived of Ebony's support, Jorja's strength weakened. She understood the importance of staying strong for Soléigh, but it was undeniably challenging. So damn difficult.

Sensing a presence, Jorja looked up to see her lawyer approaching with a pleased expression. "You've been granted full custody of Soléigh. Your dedication and resilience throughout this process have been undeniable. Congratulations on this well-deserved outcome." She said, extending her hand in congratulations.

Jorja clasped the woman's hand, a gentle smile adorning her expression. "Thank you, truly. Your hard work in securing this outcome is deeply appreciated." she said. With a final exchange of appreciative nods, her lawyer took leave, bringing their long legal journey to an end.

"Jorja, are you ready to head out?" There stood Mariah, with Soléigh by her side, a beaming grin illuminating the child's features. Nodding, A faint smile started to play on Jorja's lips, a reflection of the joy evident in Soléigh's cheerful demeanor.

Mariah had been instrumental in managing the situation with Ebony and Solèigh. Her daily calls and thoughtful check-ins provided much-needed reassurance. Jorja deeply appreciated her assistance, as it offered both a shoulder to lean on and additional support for Solèigh's well-being.

"We won! We won!" Solèigh's voice rang out, her excitement infectious as she jumped for joy. Jorja stooped to Solèigh's level, drawing her into a heartfelt embrace, gently pushing back the stray hair from her face.