ch 2 : David Michael's (i)

David "Michael's" Sanford

At nineteen, a contortionist. British Origins. He is the sole child of Carnival Utopiana creator; Sanford Benedict. Rather than performing more, he helps his father significantly in handling the carnival with its growing popularity.

     Because Sanford was out of town, he let's his son visit his childhood friends after a long while to congratulate them on their debut.

8:12 PM

"Dave!" The twins darted over to where David was standing with Cemil. They rush towards him with a smile.

"Chilli and pepper!" David smiles mischievously back, dodging the brothers hugs as they approach.

"Take him to your room; we will set up the dinner later." Cemil commanded. The brothers are examining their friend with great enthusiasm while Cemil goes back in to go to the kitchen.

"A lot has changed in you! You nearly resemble your father!" Çelik points out the delight of having met his friend again as Demir roams over David, sizing him up and down.

"You've gotten skinnier too." Demir says, sounding concerned.

"Keep yo' worries in check. I needed to keep my weight stable to avoid any problems." David assures, his hips moving forward and back aimlessly as he stood stiff, his eyes following Demir's figure moving around him. The twins then led him to their bedroom, which had a new sense of aroma for their friend.

"I heard about the debut. It was all over the newspapers." A smirk grew evident on David's lips as he spoke in a deep British accent and placed his hands on each side of their shoulders.

"I can't say I'm surprised, though; you guys managed to secure strong positions. This is the first time people have witnessed something like this." He added that Çelik and Demir look at each other proudly for what they achieved.

"We appreciate it, but enough about us. What have you been up to?" Demir grins and asks his friend as the latter seats himself down on Çelik's bed, folding his arms in thought.

"I've been managing Utopiana here and there during my ol' man's absence. Although it's hard work, I'm not complaining since I'm the one bound to inherit the carnival after him." He finally answers nonchalantly, raising his shoulders and dropping them. "He's been out of town recently, which left me and Miss Athena to handle the work."

The twins, who were standing, are now sitting on Demir's bed, facing him. "But if you're asking about my personal job, I do perform solo when required. And when I do..." David's grin gets wider while glaring deeper at the brothers, who are now eagerly waiting for what he has to say as the atmosphere grows thicker in the room.

"...I see a lot of women. Beautiful women."

His passionate smile shifts into a mischievous one as he whispers teasingly.

Çelik and Demir are equally confused and flustered, although Demir wastes no time to make an assumption. "So you've done it?" Eyes widened, and Çelik quickly elbowed Demir at the personal question, but David just let out a chuckle.

"Obviously. And I can definitely say that you guys are missing out on the fun! The way it feels.. "

Demir leans forward, interested in what's being discussed, "how do you.. you know, invite a lady to spend the night with you?" he asks, earning a loud chuckle from David.

 "A little bit of sweet and smooth talk gets all the job done." His grin grows as he continues "Or if you‘re lucky enough to be blessed with angel-like beauty like me right here, the ladies themselves will throw themselves at you". Demir's eyes light up as he plans to ask even more questions. "Good looks? What do you think about me? Good enough for the standards?"