ch 3 : David Michael's (ii)

Edward Adamson, primarily known as "Laudislaus,"

a well-known conceptualist, entrepreneur, and symbol of the carnival and circus industries. He is known as "The Great Laudislaus" because of his intense love of both producing and performing. He was the first to incorporate vocal accompaniment and rhythmic movements while performing various fields in a single choreography. His hypnotic performances are new for the press, the media, and the people. Ratings for carnivals skyrocketed with more he put in his work.

He collaborated to build his own carnival because he was instrumental in the Tatavla Carnival, but because of unforeseen events, he was discovered dead, and his project was shelved.

Many were shocked by his demise, and no one could match his abilities until 1962, when Demir and Çelik pledged to carry on his legacy through cooperation. Their crazy abilities gave them the chance to pursue a career in carnivals.

11:01 PM

"He cursed his future generation to the carnival business. City folks say his spirit still lives and wanders in the carnivals, making sure that his curse lives."

The twins stare at him with a deadpan look on their faces, Demir still holding the protective gaze, ready to defend his idol with his soul, while Çelik's eyebrow raises, still processing the assumption David just made.

"That's just a bunch of crap. How can you believe that? What are you, 9?" Demir snaps, carrying clear sarcasm and annoyance, planning to continue his shit-talking if his twin doesn't cut him off.

"And if that were true, why are we not seeing performers with the same last name as him? Because I know if I were related to Laudislaus himself, I would've bragged on everyone," Çelik argues in a much calmer tone than his brother.

"And everyone knows that he didn't have any children or wives; he died alone, David.".

"Hold your horses, gentlemen! Don't put words into my mouth; it's just a rumour I've heard." David leans back into the wall behind him, not phased by the twins piercing glares. The last two roll their eyes in sync, watching his response, "I'll put my fist in your mouth if you keep saying annoying stuff." Demir snaps at him, his tongue meeting the inside of his cheek in frustration.

"Woah! Keep it low with the sexual desires; Ozdemir, I'm not attracted to men. Especially with shaggy haircuts." David smiles, enjoying getting a rise out of him, while Çelik, who's now busy trying to get something out of the drawer, snaps his head to look at David. His face is holding a deep offence at the comment he just made, knowing that he has the same hairstyle as his twin. "I beg your pardon."

David chuckles as he realises the situation. "You both look almost the same. It puts you at an advantage. You guys could camouflage into each other." David flicks his hair as he gets Çelik's attention again.

"We thought about that once, but it was very difficult to execute." Çelik responds as he turns off the lights in the room.

"A torch?" David questions out of curiosity. "You'll see." Çelik smirks as he turns on the torch, which almost lights up the whole room.

"I honestly don't know what you're up to, but I'll have to play along." Demir comments. Çelik invites David to sit alongside them, forming a circle.

"Have you guys heard one of the stories from the terrible cases that happened in the carnivals throughout the world?" Çelik asks in a low tone, aiming the torch under his face.

"Yeah, honestly creepy how often they used to happen." David answers, crossing his legs, now interested in what the younger twin has to offer and watching him as he continues.

"This one's about an incident that happened at the Tatavla Carnival." Çelik whispers as his hand movements manipulate the particles of light into the shape of the carnival map. David shows a deep interest as he inspects the illusion that lights up their faces.