ch 5 : Carnival Utopiana

Utopiana Carnival

Carnival utopia was the idea of the late British entrepreneur Arthur Benedict, but after his death, the promised project was executed by Sanford Benedict, who, along with his fellow contributors, were instrumental in the creation of its assets. The carnival funded multiple charities and businesses, which helped boost its yearly visitors and popularity. With the carnival's foreign origins, it helped strengthen economic support and power between the countries. 

7:21 PM

By the time the three of them reached the carnival's parking lot, the sun was practically down. As they hastily removed their belongings, their heartbeats matched their enthusiasm. The twins were on the verge of running inside when David locked the car doors, double-checked, and walked over to them. 

"You guys won't be leaving my side." Speaking severely, he grabs the briefcase from Çelik and carries it in his left hand while using his right hand to brush his hair back.

Despite being a little offended by his gesture, Demir says, "What are we? Twelve?" He furrows his brow, and Çelik gives a little nod.

"Rules are what they are. I must inform your grandma, unless you wish for me to disappear forever." David answers; Çelik sighs back, but Demir puckers up his mouth. All they could do was go with him. 

The music would start to mix, and bright lights would begin to shine on their faces as soon as they arrived at the entrance. As they gazed around, something seemed a little strange.

"This feels more like an amusement park." Çelik observes that there were more rides than they had anticipated. The carnival was just rightly packed, with kids and teenagers rushing about in groups with the sound of yells and laughter coming from the side they were not walking in.

"I guess that was the main idea." As they go through the carnival together, David thinks. The twins were taking the walk seriously when they noticed something unusual—almost like their names were being called. 

"Çelik, do you smell it?"

"yes, Demir..." Çelik tries not to look too happy as a big smile forms on his face. 

"Not at all. Later on, you guys can look into the other stuff." David gives them each a fierce look. David sighs, letting go of his strong demeanour just as quickly as it seemed like Çelik was about to beg.

"Once you guys meet the important people, I'll promise to come along with you guys." David was adamant. The twins were left defenceless once more as they continued to stroll with David and eventually came upon the employee area with a few guards in tow.

"It's the twins from the Tatavla event." The first guard whispers to the other as the three previous men walk by, deciding to be nice. Çelik smiles and gives a slight bow as a sign of acknowledgement and respect, but immediately gets thrown off by the dirty look the guard gave him before turning to whisper something in his comrades ear, while the already out of shape demir has seemed to catch the encounter and was already heading to confront them if David, who clearly saw what happened too, didn't hold him back, shaking his head before trying to calm him down.

"Ignore it for now. I'll talk to my father, and we'll get to the bottom of this. We don't want to disturb everybody around," he assures the burned-out man who's looking back at the guard, gritting his teeth to stop himself from wiping the witty smirk that formed on that guard's face.

Facing the bitter truth of their lack of ability to fight back, both twins sigh, deciding to continue following David to where he was headed to introduce them to 'the important people'. They headed down the narrow hallway and reached the office. Once they entered, David immediately bowed to greet everyone in the room.