Things get real simple

"What the hell have you people been smoking out there?"

The colonel shows the footage of you destroying the camera on the machine earlier.

"You let me down." He tells you. "So, what? You find yourself some local tail and you just completely forget what team you're playing for?"

You look angrily up at him.

"Parker, there is time to salvage the situation." Grace says.

"Shut your pie hole!" Quaritch shout at her.

"Or what, Ranger Rick? You gonna shot me?"

"I can do that." He just states.

"You need to muzzle your dog." Grace tells Parker.

"Yeah, can we just take this down a couple of notches, please?" Parker asks.

"You say you want to keep your people alive?" You ask the colonel. "You start by listening to her."

"Those trees were sacred to the Omatikaya in a way you can't imagine."

"You know what? You throw a stick in the air around here, it's gonna land on some sacred fern for Christs sake." Parker exclaims in a chuckle.

"I'm not talking about some kind of pagan voodoo here. I'm talking about something real, something measurable in the biology of the forest." Grace tells him.

"Which is what, exactly?" He crosses his arms.

"What we think we know is that there is some kind of electrochemical communication between the roots of the trees, like the synapses between neurons. And each tree has ten to the fourth connections to the trees around it. And there are ten to the twelfth trees in Pandora." Grace says.

You had listened intently to her as she spoke, but glancing at Parker he looked at her like she was speaking gibberish, you could relate to him on the scientist talking but you could understand it. You knew what she was talking about, and you knew it had to be saved.

"Which is a lot, I'm guessing." Parker says. Grace steps closer to him.

"It's more connections than the human brain. Get it? It's a network. It's a global network, and all the Na'vi can access it. They can upload and download data. Memories. At sites like the one you just destroyed."

Parker just slowly nods.

"What the hell have you people been smoking out there?" He laughs.

You sigh.

"You need to wake up, Parker." Grace tells him.

"No. You need to wake up." He says.

"The wealth of this world isn't in the ground. It's all around us. The Na'vi know that, and they are fighting to defend it. If you want to share this world with them, you need to understand them."

"I'd say we understand them just fine, thanks you Y/N here." Quaritch says.

You look up at him before turning to the screen as he turn on you log for the others to see.

"Hey, doc, come take a look."

"They're not gonna give up their home." You sigh looking into the camera in the footage. "They're not gonna make a deal. For what? There's nothing that we have that they want. Everything they sent me out here to do is a waste of time." You rub your face. "They're never gonna leave hometree."

You look down at your fidgeting fingers in your lap. Grace puts a hand on your shoulder. You look up at her sadly as she shakes her head slightly with her own sad look.

"So, since a deal can't be made, I guess things get real simple. Y/N, thanks. I'm getting all emotional." He says sarcastically and you sigh.

...

(Quaritch and Parker.)