3| Nandini's concern

Anantara Kutir

In the luxurious confines of Anantara Kutir, Shivaay lay in bed, nursing his injuries, a consequence of his intoxicated wanderings. Adhiraj, with a furrowed brow, questioned Rustam about Shivaay's reckless behaviour and wandering without guards.

"Why was he roaming in the streets without any protection?" Adhiraj inquired, visibly concerned.

Rustam explained that Shivaay, for some unknown reason, refused to be accompanied by guards and preferred the company of his own. Adhiraj, perplexed, retorted, "Isko kya lgta hai humne raaste mein iske liye red carpet bichha rakhe hai ki 'Aao Minister Sahab yahan cat walk kar lo'"
(Does he think I've rolled out a red carpet for him to parade in the streets while doing cat walk?)

Rustam defended Shivaay, stating that as the Minister of Anuvarta, he believed he needed no protection and that he ordered the guards not to follow him. "He claims he's untouchable, beyond anyone's help," Rustam added.

Adhiraj, with a hint of sarcasm, remarked, "He's a minister, not a Hollywood hero; it's not like he comes with a 'Do Not Touch' label. Or maybe he does, and we missed the fine print!" The tension in the room lingered as they struggled to deal with Shivaay's unconventional behavior.

Adhiraj, now concerned not just about Shivaay's well-being but also the unfolding events, turned his attention to Kaali, seeking answers about Nandini's delay.

"Why is she not here yet?" Adhiraj questioned, his worry extending beyond Shivaay's condition.

As if on cue, Nandini entered the room, her presence drawing Adhiraj's immediate attention. Wondering why she had been called back, she approached Adhiraj.

Nandini: "Bhai, why did you call me back? Is everything alright?"

Adhiraj explained Shivaay's situation, emphasizing the need for her to manage the media and public to prevent any revelation of his abduction, as it could lead to complications.

Adhiraj: "We can't afford any leaks. You need to handle the media and keep this under wraps."

Nandini, while concealing her concern for Shivaay in front of her brother, assured him that she would handle everything.

Nandini: "Don't worry, Bhai. I'll make sure everything stays quiet."

Inquiring about Shivaay's health, she received the information that he was unconscious due to heavy intoxication. Although she nodded in response, her silence hinted at deeper emotions.

Adhiraj, sensing his sister's underlying sadness, asked her about the reason.

Adhiraj: "Nandini, what's bothering you? You seem troubled."

Nandini opened up about the tragic events of the previous night, revealing the death of Annahita's parents in an accident. She disclosed that their father had gone with Annahita to Kashi for the rites at Guru Ji's ashram.

Nandini: "Annahita's parents passed away last night. Dad went with her to Kashi for the rites."

While Adhiraj felt an inexplicable twinge at the mention of Annahita's name, he chose to ignore it. Comforting Nandini, he assured her that their father was with Annahita and urged her not to worry too much.

Adhiraj: "Dad is with her. Everything will be okay. Focus on Shivaay and make sure he's alright."

Instructing her to look after Shivaay, Adhiraj left the room with Kaali.

Sitting beside Shivaay, Nandini held his unconscious hand, tears welling up. She sought information from Rustam, expressing concern about Shivaay's prolonged unconsciousness.