7| Digvijay's culinary skills

Author's POV

As the conversation unfolded in the present, Nandini found herself receiving advice from Tripti, who urged her to control her tongue and be mindful of what she shared. Nandini, still caught in the banter, tried to justify herself, but Tripti swiftly put an end to the discussion.

"Okay, enough. Come and help me prepare food for Adi, and also inform Shiv to join us for the meal," Tripti instructed, shifting the focus to the task at hand.

"But Maa, I have to go somewhere with Rustam Bhai right now, and Suman Aunty is not here to help you cook," Nandini explained, providing additional context to the situation.

Surprised by the news about Suman Aunty, Tripti inquired, "Why? Where is she?"

"She went to her hometown early in the morning due to some emergency," Nandini responded.

"Oh, I didn't know. Send some money to her and tell her to inform me if she needs any help," said Tripti.

"I've already sent the money to her," said Nandini. Before Tripti could say anything else, Nandini hurriedly said goodbye and left to avoid being in the kitchen. Tripti was left speechless at her daughter's behavior.

Turning her attention towards Digvijay, Tripti complained, "Why are you sitting here? Don't you have any work to do? You made my daughter do so much work, and now she doesn't have time to accompany me."

"What have I done, Biwi?" said Digvijay, perplexed by Tripti's accusation.

"Oh! So who makes her work all day around?" said Tripti, placing her hands on her hips and glaring at Digvijay.

"Okay, I'm sorry. But it's her who wants to work, and I can't stop her," said Digvijay, raising both hands in defeat.

Annahita couldn't help but laugh, covering her mouth, while Tripti huffed at his response and sat beside him. Digvijay placed his hands on Tripti's shoulders, and she rested her head against his shoulder. Annahita's smiled as she offered to help Tripti in cooking.

" Aunty, don't worry. I'll help you in cooking," Annahita said.

Tripti glanced at her and replied, "No."

"But why, Aunty? I can cook, and it's also like my house," Annahita insisted.

"Because you're a guest of ours," Tripti stated. Digvijay frowned at her words and interjected, "Biwi, she is like our daughter."

"I do love her as a daughter, but she makes me feel like she is a guest here," Tripti explained. She removed her head from Digvijay's shoulder, turning her attention towards Annahita, and complained, "You call Digvijay Baba, but you call me Aunty. Am I not like your mother? Or is Digvijay someone special that only he has the right to be your father?"

Digvijay finally understood Tripti's perspective and couldn't resist laughing at her complaints. Annahita also chuckled at Tripti's remark and moved to sit beside her.
She gently held Tripti's hands and said, "Are you upset about this? No title could ever change the fact that you are also like my mother."

Tripti replied, "Okay, then you should also call me Maa."

"Okay, Maa. Now let's go cook something delicious, or else everybody will get hungry," Annahita suggested.

Digvijay also got up from the sofa and said, "I'm going to meet Shivaay. I'll join you ladies in some time to help you both."

Tripti turned towards him, narrowing her eyes, and said, "Are you running away from work just like your daughter?"