Saved me (3)

LANEY'S POV

Bzzzz...

Bzzzz...

"Fuck." I muttered as I rose up from the bed.

Where the hell was I?

Bzzzz...

Bzzzz...

Oh yeah, Jonathan's place. I guess he'd left or something though since he wasn't next to me anymore.

Bzzzz...

"Oh for fucks sake." I cursed, searching for my phone that was trapped underneath the covers.

"Hello?" I answered with a stuffy voice.

"Dude, get over here now. Your father figured out where I live somehow and he's trying to find you. He's been banging on the door for fifteen minutes now." George snapped.

"Jesus fucking Christ. Well call the cops, I'll be there soon." I groaned, hanging up immediately.

I probably wasn't going to be there soon though. I'd rather let the law deal with my father than me.

I let my feet hit the cool wooden floor, rising up from the bed and stretching a bit. I quickly slipped on my shoes, grabbed my bag and walked out of the room.

I tried to be quiet so I wouldn't wake anyone. Mind you, it was about 7:30 A.M.

I made my way down the hallway and into the living room. I heard the TV playing at a low volume, but no one was there to watch. I left the flat and walked down the stairwell leading to the ground.

That's when I saw Jonathan, leaning casually against the brick wall smoking a cigarette. He smiled when he noticed me, and I couldn't help but to do the same.

"Leaving already?" He asked, dropping his cigarette and stepping on it.

"Yeah, my father's a lunatic and figured out where I live. My roommate said he's been banging on the door for fifteen minutes now." I sighed, choosing to stand a little closer to him.

"Oh shit, you should probably get over there then. You need a ride?" He replied, sliding his hands into his pockets cooly.

"Nah, I'll just get a cab. Thanks though."

"You sure? I don't mind." He insisted.

"Nah, you don't have to. You've already done enough." I smiled contently.

"Oh, and um...thank you, by the way. I had a really great time yesterday." I added shyly.

"Oh, no problem. I did to." He grinned bashfully.

"See ya' Jonathan." I smiled back at him as I signaled for a taxi to stop.

"See ya' Laney." He replied casually, slipping back inside his apartment complex.

And with that, I took a cab back to my new place in hopes of my father being gone when I got there.

***

"What do you mean you don't know where he went?" I snapped.

"I don't know, he left before the cops got here. They said they'd be on the lookout for him." George explained.

"Fuck, I don't know if I can stay here. I just don't want him knowing where I am...I'm scared." I stressed, rubbing my temple.