Only for you (4)

LANEY'S POV

"Oh shut up." I laughed at George, who had just made a stupid joke.

It was another casual day at work, just your typical day of drunken customers and bossy managers.

It'd been about a week since the whole ordeal with my father went down. I'd eventually went to the cops and explained what my home life used to be like whenever I lived with him. All I knew was that he was in jail, or was for a little bit at least. I honestly had no idea of his whereabouts anymore.

I'd been calling Jonathan a lot during that week too. We'd talk about anything and everything really. He still talked about his music a lot, saying things like how he could never write a love song but could easily write songs about gory things like molest and rape.

He was an interesting person, and a shy one at that too. But I noticed he'd let his a guard down a little bit the more we'd spoken.

I really liked Jonathan, like a lot. Not sure if I made that obvious enough already or not.

"Hey, you wanna go out for di-?" George started before being interrupted.

Bzzzzzzz...

Quickly, I pulled my phone out to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Laney. You busy tonight?" Jonathan greeted me cheerfully.

"Um, no I'm not actually." I replied somewhat shyly.

"Sweet. I'll pick you up around 5:00 P.M. and we'll figure something out. Sound ok?" He asked.

"Can we do 6:00P.M.? I don't get off work until 5:30P.M." I elaborated.

"Yeah that's fine. I'll see you then." He agreed.

"Alright, see ya'." I smiled.

And with that I hung up, directing my attention back to what George was going to say.

"Uh, sorry what were you going to say?" I laughed nervously.

"Oh uh, don't worry about it. Nothing important."

"Oh...alright." I muttered.

"I think I'm gonna clock out a little early." I spoke quickly after, trying to rid of the awkwardness.

"Alright." He muttered monotonously.

***

JONATHAN'S POV

I stood at her door, waiting for an answer.

I remembered she said she had a roommate, so I didn't know who to expect.

Almost too soon, the door flung open to reveal a grumpy looking boy, rather lanky.

"She's in the last room down the hall." He huffed in an annoyed tone, moving to the side so I could slip inside.

The fuck was his problem?

"Thanks man." I said awkwardly.

I slipped in and pranced down the hallway to soon find Laney sitting in the floor doing her makeup.

"Hey." I smiled as I leaned casually against the wall.