On the flip side (6)

LANEY'S POV

It'd been a few days since it happened.

Eventually, I'd opened up to Jonathan about what actually went down. Munky and Fieldy knew too. They weren't particularly happy about it, to say the least.

I'd been shacked up with Jon for about half a week now. He insisted that I stay with him, since he thought me going back would be too risky.

I appreciated that he was letting me stay over, but I couldn't stay forever. Plus, all of my things were still at George's. I didn't want to have to keep wearing Jon's clothes forever. Not only that, but I still owed Liam an explanation. I would've called him and told him what happened, but I didn't have his number.

So with all of that being said, I laid comfortably, snuggled into Jon's chest. I felt the way his chest slowly fluctuated with every breath he took, and the continuous pattern his heartbeat played that made me all the more sleepy.

It was probably midday, but neither of us seemed to want to get up. Neither of us had work either, so I guess we just decided to have a lazy day.

"We should go do something." He groaned, cuddling his face into my neck further.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked him in a hushed voice, slowly running my fingers through strands of his hair.

"We could get food or something. Maybe hit up a music store." He suggested.

"Sure, I don't know if I wanna go out looking like this though." I laughed, nodding down at the clothes that I had on. Jon's clothes didn't quite fit me right. 

"Hey, what's wrong with my clothes? You don't like them?" He joked, raising his head up to look at me.

"You know I love them." I laughed, cupping his face gently.

"I do really need to get my things from George's eventually though..." I said, my eyes averting away from him so I wouldn't have to see the look he always gave me when I mentioned it.

"I know...I just don't want you over there. I don't want you to get hurt again." He sighed, his grip on me tightening slightly.

"How will I ever get my things though?" I asked gently, rubbing my thumb along his cheek.

"I'll figure it out. I'll go get all of it myself if I have to." He spoke.

"You don't have to do that." I chuckled, planting gentle kisses onto his head.

"I can figure out when his next shift is and I'll go when he's out." I explained softly in a gentle voice.

Speaking of which, I'd been taking off of work an awful lot. I was bound to be fired soon if I didn't get my act together, but I just couldn't bring myself to face George. I wasn't sure of his exact shift schedule, so I'd just been taking off since the whole incident that happened.

I was probably going to start looking for a new job soon. That and somewhere I could stay as well. I probably wouldn't be able to afford anything fancy, so I'd most likely end up in a motel or something.

"Well, either way I'm coming with you." He hummed.

                                       ***

"I'd like to put in my two weeks notice."

"What? You've been here for so long though? Did something happen?" My manager questioned.

"Uh well... there's just been some things going on recently. I think it's best I find a new job." I chuckled nervously, beating around the bush.

I didn't quite care for my manager much. I mean yeah, she was pretty nice overall. And I guess I had to give her credit for sort of caring about me, but she was devilishly religious and always super nosey. It was ironic that she worked at a bar.