Prologue

Note: Please read Miraculously Escaping Slacker Life before reading this. 
this is Book 2 of the MESL. the Original Version
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/323830533-miraculously-escaping-slackerlife

Deruth and Cale remained motionless following their sobbing session

Deruth and Cale remained motionless following their sobbing session. Cale had fallen asleep, so Deruth struggled to transport him to his room. His son's head was still buried against his shoulder. He continues to sniffle and groan.

The father continued patting his son's head and back, tracing comforting circles. Cale hugs his father tightly, hoping to drown out his sobs.

He is grown now. Cale could not fit into his arms anymore. It would be unsightly if he continued to baby his pumpkin, but he did not care.

"I will not ask you to tell me what kind of life you lived before... but I hope... that one day, when you are ready, you will tell me how you lived, how you acted, everything about you... I want to know and understand you better... I want to do what you want and avoid doing things that might hurt you... that is all I ask of you..."

Deruth bit his lower lip, and tears started to fall again. He could remember how devastated Cale looked as he waited for the door to close. He made the decision not to pursue this case. He simply loves him with all of his heart and will continue to do so regardless of the type of man he becomes.

Deruth's heart was racing in agony. He must have endured and suffered until the end. He had just realized that Cale was used to people abandoning him, leaving him behind with no hope to hold onto.

He clenched his teeth as his son's expression brought back painful memories.

Cale's loved ones were destined to abandon him. Deruth huffs sadly. He gritted his teeth. That explains why... He never had expectations in the first place.

This child must have been tortured by every painful experience. Deruth was unable to stop blaming himself for everything that had happened to him. It must have been cruel, painful, and hateful, but there is nothing I can do to help him.

When Cale said, "I have long recovered from the trauma of losing everyone I love..." Deruth looked at him. "Coming here gave me a new beginning."

Coming here meant that he didn't need to kill his emotions or live without anything.

It breaks Deruth's heart while also filling him up.

I am the first family he ever had.

Deruth smiled at him and wiped away his tears. He gently tucked Cale into bed and kissed his forehead. He smelled his light, sweet scent, which was not too childish or manly. It is adequate for someone his age. Deruth gently caresses Cale's cheeks before watching him fall asleep.

"Then I hope... I will continue to be your family until you are old," Deruth whispered, his eyes filled with pride and gentleness of affection. "Thank you for telling me." Deruth could not help but kiss Cale's nose before standing up and starting his new day at work, complete with endless paperwork.

Following the emotional exchange between the father and son. Deruth opened the family registry when he returned to his room after putting Cale asleep. In his descendants, he writes the name 'Kim Rok Soo' in beautiful calligraphy. He smiled as he stroked the unique name on the paper.

"Rok Soo-Ah..." he said quietly. He did not even notice that his cheeks were flushed with joy and tears. He is turning into a crybaby. He now has two four children whom he will always protect. He may not live much longer, and he may die, but he will ensure that his children live happy lives. He will make certain that if Rok Soo or Cale decides to leave when he is no longer present, he will have everything he needs to live the silent life he desires.

"He deserved to be happy. He deserved to rest."

He will devote his entire life to the child who sought refuge in his embrace.

"so that when I die, no one will make you sad or cause you harm..."

Rok Soo... his Cale... his beloved pumpkin.

He will live a happy and peaceful life.

**

The next morning, Cale woke up with puffy eyes. Ron looked at him, shook his head, and said, "You look terrible."

"He is still handsome, though." he snarks.

"Do you think so?" the old butler asked, placing the pure lemon tea in front of him.

"Can't you make it sweeter?" Cale inquired.

"It is sweet. Lemon tea is good for your health. I will present you with the perfect blend of this lemon tea!" As Ron began his daily ramblings, Cale simply decided to ignore him.

"I just could not understand the depth of your search for the perfect blend."

"Do not worry, My Lord; it is the same depth as your quest for the ideal slacker life." Ron smiled like a shitty old man. His brows raised and lowered, mocking him in the worst possible way.

"If I could not have it."

"Hm?" Ron looked confused.

"Just force it back." He smiled. Ron shook his head. He knew exactly what was wrong with his young Lord's head.

Good luck struggling big time My Lord. The old butler smiled as if he had already foreseen the future of his lordship with his far-away and non-existent Slacker life!

TBC