Welcome

Welcome to my project for this year ONC 'Forget It'

During my first ONC, I ran with a sci-fi prompt in a fantasy world and loved working with it. The novella wasn't a success (it was a rushed and underdeveloped novel crammed into 40k words) and I've been struggling to rescue the concept. I've been wanting to breathe life into a story that takes the eerie what-ifs from futuristic technology similar to the TV series 'Black Mirror'.

So, I've taken inspiration from a few ideas from my old project 'Remember Me' and turned it into more of a speculative fiction novella called 'Forget It.' The characters, world, and premise are all very different, but I'm going to play with the idea of memories and technology that could enhance or destroy them like I did in the first novella.

The main prompt that inspired this semi-insomnia-inspired tale this morning is:

 27. Sometimes love is what drives you to take your next breath. Other times, it's revenge.

Also in there: 

28. Hell hath no fury like a person (woman) scorned.

44. "You're like snow. Beautiful but cold."

Are you participating in the ONC this year? 

What prompt(s) caught your eye? 

Have you posted your story? (I'd love to add it to my ONC reading list)

As I do every year, I attempt to reciprocate reads for anyone kind enough to take the time to comment on my entry.

I hope you enjoy Selene and Arch's tale. I'm not entirely sure where it's going yet, but I'm having fun writing it. 

In the beginning, the story will only be lightly edited. Feel free to point out any typos or areas that need work.

Thanks for your support and all the best to all of you taking on a new novella project this ONC season.