1

-Y/n Pov-

My long arms wrapped protectively around the crying child as I hid among the dense shadows of the forest.

The sounds of yelling and snapping branches were getting closer- the ones who were chasing her were closing in.

Those monsters who can't seem to die and drag innocent human in the forest

For what? I don't know!

Y-Shh, it's okay

I whispered in a soft, lilting voice.

Y-I've got you. They won't find us here, I promise

She buried her face in my chest, tiny body trembling with fear and exhaustion from running. My blood boiled at the thought of what these monsters must have done to frighten her so.

When the noises had moved farther away, I slowly extracted myself from our hiding place.

We got closer to the outer forest as i tread carefully. She was so scared and shaking. I had to get her mind off of it.

Y-What is your name, little one?

I asked gently. Wide brown eyes peered up at me from under a mop of dirty blonde hair.

?-S-S-Sara

She hiccoughed. I gave her a smile

Y-Well Sara, it's not safe for you here. Ima get you home and I'm going to send you to someone who can help. But first...

My body slowly started to stretch and transform

Sara gasped at my change, but didn't shrink away. I stroked her hair soothingly.

Y-I have to deal with the bad people. Will you be okay waiting here for just a little?

At her teary nod, I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

Y-Be brave. I won't be long.

Then I rose to my full, ominous 8ft height once more and melted back into the shadows.

I don't care how many times it takes. Ill kill, hurt, whatever. Ill do what I have to do to make sure these monsters leave innocent people alone

 Ill do what I have to do to make sure these monsters leave innocent people alone

-His Slender-Prisoner-