CHAPTER XXVI: Hand of the King (Castiel)

CASTIEL

CASTIEL

A GOOD cup of African Sunrise Tea Latte was exactly what I needed after a hectic schoolday. Basta't perfect ang timpla—balanced ang sweetness at zest nito—kaya nitong i-cheer up at pakalmahin ang sarili ko. I had to be relaxed before meeting a very important person in this cafe. Who, you ask? Let's just say that she and her friends were integral partners.

"Sorry for making you wait, Cas," Avrille Marie Padilla greeted me as soon as she settled down in our booth. Suot niya ang puting uniform na may V-neck ng mga MedTech student. A nameplate was pinned on the right chest part. "I met with Eleanor first before meeting you here."

That's right. I was meeting with the esteemed chairperson of the College of Allied Medical Profession's student council. Valeria's sudden departure shook our alliance with her college and the SALVo party. If we were to counter Alaric the Prick's influence and if we wanted to secure re-election, we needed to maintain the bridge between us. This was going to be an uphill battle, and we could not win without CAMP and their allied colleges.

"Sorry kung um-order na ako ng drink," tugon ko bago muling uminom sa medyo lumamig nang cup ng African Sunrise. It still tastes good though. "By the way, this is a nice place. I wonder why hindi ko alam ang lugar na ito?"

"Most students prefer to chill at Moonbucks," she replied while combing her hair. "You always follow the trend kaya nami-miss n'yo ang ibang better options sa overhyped cafe na 'yon. Teka, order muna ako, ha?"

"Sure, go ahead."

She excused herself and went to the counter. I heard her order caramel macchiato.

I got two reasons for arranging a meeting with her. First, to secure our now shaky alliance. I needed to ensure that they would still stand with us. Second, to find a potential vice president pick for Priam. I asked Tabitha again to reconsider my offer, but she only showed me her hand. Wala akong choice kundi humanap ng ibang candidate. Where else to look than at our allies?

"I'm kinda wondering why two USC officers want to meet with me," Avrille said upon returning to our booth. "I admit, I'm a bit flattered."

My eyes blinked. "Two?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "Priam also reached out to me and asked if I can meet him. We're going to meet tomorrow morning."

"Priam?" I averted my gaze for a second. Inalala ko kung may nabanggit ba siya sa akin kanina o noong isang araw. He would have told me if he had made such arrangement, but he did not. Or maybe he forgot?

"Why? Hindi mo alam? I thought you're here to sweet talk me first, then he will swoop in and formalize whatever we discuss today."

Napakamot ako ng ulo. I swear, Priam never told me anything about meeting with her. If he did, I would not have come here at all. Or I would have persuaded him to leave the matter to me. Gusto kong mag-focus siya sa campus fair at ipagkatiwala sa akin ang mga bagay na hindi na niya kailangang problemahin. I was the one who brokered the alliance between us and CAMP after all.