Chapter 3

Keira wasn't sure how she felt about Sabelina's last comment as they headed into Canada. Their ancestors had something in store for them? Couldn't she be more vague? Keira had asked her wolf several times what she meant but Sabelina refused to answer any of her inquiries. All she could do now was wait until they got there.

The trip to the border of Canada couldn't come soon enough. It had been about 15 hours since they left the headquarters and everyone was beginning to get grumpy. Even Sabelina was beginning to lose her patience with the rest of the wolves; she didn't like the negativity.

We're almost there, Keira said as a sign for Ontario showed about 150 miles. Not that long now. Try to ignore them.

Easy for you to say, Sabelina replied. They won't shut up.

I hear them all the time, she continued.

Why are you whining? Keira asked surprised since Sabelina was not known to whine about the other wolves. This was a new behavior for her.

I just want it to stop, she replied pouting.

Then make them stop, Keira said worried and confused. You have to power to do so, so just do it. Why are you acting like this?

Keira could tell that Sabelina was still upset about the whole thing.

"Guys," Keira said out loud. "We've got about 150 miles left to Ontario. How about we get some dinner food before we arrive?"

Keira heard several grunts of agreeance.

They're just tired. Maybe the food will lighten the mood, huh? Keira asked not wanting to stop at all but she didn't want to be inconsiderate to Sabelina's feelings.

Keira looked around for a diner and saw one that might still be open.

"Let's eat," Keira said as she parked in the parking lot and everyone struggled to get up.

She didn't wait for them and headed inside.

"We got a van full," Keira said to the waitress.

"Take any booth," the waitress replied as the rest of the group finally made it through the door.

Keira headed toward the back of the diner and waited for the guys to join her.

As the rest of the team piled into the booth with her, the waitress came by with 5 menus.

"Hi, there," she said smiling. "I'm Lisa, I'll be your server today. What would you like to drink?"

"4 black coffees," Keira answered. "one hot cocoa if you have it."

"I'll be right back with those," Lisa said walking away.

"Isn't it too late to be eating?" Connor asked looking at the menu.

"By the time we arrive, we might not get any food offered to us," Keira replied. "Even though we're making good time, we can't be sure they're waiting for us."

"Does everyone know what you're getting?" Ethan asked around the table taking charge once more.

They all muttered in agreeance. Ethan waved at the waitress to get her attention. Lisa came over with their drinks in a tray and passed them out.

"So," she said taking out her pen and notebook. "What will you have?"

"I'll have a number 7 with hash browns," Ethan said. "Um, then a number 3 without tomatoes..."

"I want a number 3 with tomatoes-"

"No a number 1 without tomatoes-"

Keira resisted the urge to roll her eyes at him. She knew this was going to happen as soon as Sabelina began acting differently. She had ignored it for most of the trip since she was driving and didn't care about everyone's complaining.