Chapter 5

Keira led the way out of the packhouse toward where the Summit would be held. While they walked, Antoine ate the food on the plate.

"Thanks for the apples and the food," Antoine said munching on them as fast as he could. "I- I was so tired from yesterday's trip."

Keira nodded in agreeance.

The pair of them left the shelter of the packhouse and kept on walking through the woods. Only those invited to the Summit knew where it was going to be taking place and at what time.

"Just through here," Keira said as the trees parted to reveal a clearing with a building in the center of it.

"Captain Grace," one of the guards greeted as they emerged from the woods.

"Josh," Keira called out in greeting. "How are you?"

"Better now that you're here," Josh teased as he waved her through the metal detector machine.

"What would we do without the Task Force protecting us?" Josh asked flirting with her.

"This is Antoine," Keira said as Antoine waited to get passed through. "He's accompanying me."

"He checks out," Josh informed her, waving at Antoine to pass by. "You can leave the plate here."

"Thanks," Antoine replied.

"I'll see you later," Keira said as the doors to the building opened and she walked in followed by Antoine.

There was a small waiting area that was lightly furnished with a couch and a house plant as they entered the building. Before them was another set of doors where the rest of the Alphas were already gathering.

"Antoine," Keira said making him stop.

"Don't speak until you're spoken to," she instructed. "These Alpha are just itching for a fight with all the testosterone in the room. Don't be the reason why a fight breaks out."

"I understand," Antoine said. "I'll be a ghost."

I hope so, Keira thought opening the doors before her and entering. If you don't, they'll eat you alive.

As both Keira and Antoine entered the chatter didn't stop which was a good thing. Keira secretly hoped that no one would notice and she could go find their seats undisturbed.

Almost there, Keira thought as she saw her name on a place card.

But luck wasn't on her side...

"Who the hell is this?"

"Are you lost, Luna?"

"You're in the wrong place honey!"

"Did they hire you for the entertainment?"

Keira resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

Let me out! Savelina roared beyond angry. I'll rip their heads off! How dare they?!

Captain, Antoine said through mind-link.

Ignore it, Keira said to both of them as they neared their seats.

As they approached, Keira was only a few inches away when it happened. One of the new Alphas stood up and stood before her, a smirk on his face.

"You're here for me?" He asked smiling down at her.

"In your dreams," Keira said sidestepping around him.

But he wouldn't let it go. He reached out and grabbed her by the wrist. Everyone in the room visually stopped and looked at them.