Chapter 2

Camila

"Fridge is open, alcohol's in hand, so get your asses in here and let's get this party started!" Hailee repetitively knocks a bottle against the countertop and doesn't stop until we're rounding the corner into the kitchen to join her.

"Easy on the granite, Hailee baby. Take it out on me instead," Harry teases, leaning on his forearms.

"Next time, Harry , next time." She grins.

As she starts pouring the shots into the glasses Shawn helped her pull down, I let my eyes roam.

The kitchen is everything you'd expect in a beach home, light in color and wide open. The dining table is a large U-shape bench-style seat with light blue and white pillows in the corners. It sits in front of the large bay window, allowing you to peer out over the beach and watch the sun set or rise without stepping foot outside. There's a large marble island in the center, the stovetop and double ovens circling behind it, which is where Hailee 's now perched, five shot glasses filled to the brim at her side.

She waits for us to claim a cup, seizing the last as her own. "Let's toast to all the stupid shit we are going to do while we're here, and to the blast that we are going to have while doing it."

We laugh, and her eyes narrow with playfulness. "I'm serious, assholes. This little vacay is now officially going to be our last memory before our new lives begin. This is huge!"

"She's right." Shawn steps beside Hailee with a grin. "Let's make the most of it."

"When do we not go balls out and have a kick-ass time?" Harry reaches over, squeezing her knee. "We're about to run this beach, girl."

Hailee grips his cheeks, pinching his lips like a fish. "That's the spirit, big boy." She pecks his lips, downing her shot in the next.

The rest of us follow suit, knocking our shots back.

My eyes pinch from the burn of the liquor, and I laugh when Hailee shakes her head, her tongue sticking out.

"Okay, that shit's nasty." She laughs, happily passing the bottle off to Harry when he reaches for it.

"I'll meet you bastards at the beach. Carl , call your cousin, tell him to get his ass down here, and one of you pansies bring the football!" With that, Harry disappears out the back sliding door.

Hailee turns to me, mischief written all over her. "Come on, girl, let's get changed. There's a gang of beach boys out there calling our names."

I wiggle my eyebrows up and down. "Maybe those Brazilians will pay off after all."

"Oh, fuck me, I'm out," Carl grumbles, rushing toward the patio door. He stops as he steps through, turning back to pin Shawn with an expectant glare. "You comin'?"

At first, Shawn doesn't move, but then he shakes his head, and Hailee covers her laugh with a cough, knowing we've painted a mental picture in his head.

"Yeah." He clears his throat and snags the football from the bucket by the door. "Right behind you."

As soon as the door is closed, Hailee and I bend over, laughing.

"That was gold." She high fives me and we quickly rush up the stairs, dragging our suitcases away from the wall where the boys placed them before disappearing into our rooms.

"I call hot pink today!" Hailee shouts.

"I figured so! I think I'm going with my black one!" I flip open my suitcase, planning to unpack later, and pull out my bathing suits.

I'm just getting the bows looped on the bottoms when she barges through our joining bathroom.

"Tie this for me." She gives me her back. "Also, I'm vetoing the black suit in favor of the red one."