Epilogue

TW : (Smut alert) They have so much pent up energy that they will behave like a literal savage in this chapter. So, heads up.

Dual pov

Camila

Valentine's Day

In the moths that have passed, Lauren and I have grown so much, both as a couple and as individuals. Together, we decided to take a semester off from school, so we could process and come to terms with all that happened to us. My parents were more than understanding, and while I didn't want that for Lauren, for her final semester as well as graduation to be delayed, she was the one who suggested it.

With everything that was going on, she had no time to heal. She was torn in half , only to be shredded into a million pieces . She thought she lost me, she lost our child, and then she lost her mother. Not only did she want time to heal, but she also needed it. We needed it.

So we took the time we deserved, packed up my dorm as well as her captain's quarters, since neither of us would be returning to campus until the fall, when a new captain would be moved into Lauren's old space. And then we left for my parents' house. My dad surprised us when we arrived, his man cave having been turned into a cozy little studio that he insisted Lauren and I stay in.

Everyone wondered why we didn't simply stay at the beach house, but I wanted a fresh start somewhere where she and I shared no pain, so that's what we have.

But it's Valentine's Day today, and Lauren wanted to bring me to my favorite place, so who was I to deny her?

With a long, settling sigh, I look out the window as we roll to a stop in the driveway; my excitement peaks, and I'm in a rush to jump out.

So, as soon as Lauren puts the truck in park, I reach for the handle, but she quickly presses the lock button, and my head snaps her way.

With a smirk, she climbs out, then reaches back in and tugs me to her. She steps between my legs, and kisses me, her hands sinking into my hair. I breathe her in, my chest swelling, my arms wrapping around her neck. She lifts me from the seat, her hands cupping my ass as she presses my back against the side of the truck.

"We should go inside," she says between kisses.

My pulse spikes, and I nod, pressing on her chest, so she lowers me to my feet.

As I round the hood and skip to the front door of the beach house, I can't contain my smile at the fact that Lauren and I have it all to ourselves for the entire weekend.

Once I unlock the door, I quickly spin, my shoulders falling against it as I watch Lauren walk up to me.

The prolonged anticipation is killing me, making my heart beat out of my chest, and Lauren senses it. A single dark brow lifts as she grows suspicious.

"Camz..."

"We missed so much time, Lauren. I want it back."

"Queen .C." Anguish fills her voice, deep creases forming along her eyes as she reaches for me.

I grip her wrist, freeing her hand from my cheek and folding her fingers closed. I kiss her knuckles, and a frown builds across her face.

Twisting the knob, I push the door open behind me, blindly taking backward steps inside, because I don't want to miss her reaction.

It takes her several moments to force her eyes from mine, but reluctantly, hers are pulled to the living room.

Her eyes widen, flicking across the space, and then they land on me.