Vulnerable

(Warning, this chapter implies blood, foul language, needles. You have been warned)

You have calmed down and you went back to work, the day seemed to go fine as it went on. Soldiers were doing well, vitals being stable, pain wasn't totally through the roof, and you even managed to put a smile on a few of them to get through the tough time being stuck in bed with the injuries they had.

You write some papers on your clipboard, updating the soldiers charts and hanging them off the edge of their bed. You walk around, checking fluids and instruments, counting and making sure they are in good condition. That's when you heard it, The doors being flung open and heavy boots rushing in as you look up and your eyes widen, seeing ghost getting carried in by Soap and Captain Price, his clothes were bloody and he looked like he completely passed out.

You quickly put your clipboard down and grab some gloves, putting them on as you rush over to the bed they laid him down on "What happened?!" You ask in almost a panic as you quickly roll up his sleeve to put an IV needle in his arm and taping it down so it doesn't fall out.

"He got hit with a metal pipe, stabbed in the thigh and abdomen. He lost a lot of blood, we tried to get here as fast as we could, bastards got him good" Soap says, his Scottish accent filled with worry.

Captain Price pulled soap away so you could work, closing the curtain for privacy.

You went to work quickly, taking off his gear and tossing it on the floor to access the wounds better, grabbing scissors to cut away at the fabric of his abdomen first and you called over for some help as another nurse quickly ran over to help you patch him up and keep him stable from the amount of blood loss.

You remember they said he got hit in the head and you quickly went to take his mask off to see the damage to his head, hoping that he didn't have any brain damage. You quickly slip up his mask but before you could reach his eyes, his hand sprung up and tightly gripped your wrist and you gasp as you let go of the mask

"Ghost I need to check your head for any injuries, let go."

"Don't..not..not with the others around.." he wheezed a bit and his hand slipped off your wrist and back down to the bed as he breathed heavily from the pain.

You get worried and you order the nurse that was helping you to go, telling her you got this. "Go. I got it from here. Go." You demand and she does as told as she slips out and closes the curtains again

"Hey hey..ghost it's alright. I'm the only one here right now..it's okay. I need to check for any damage to your head okay? It'll be quick I promise."

He looked up at you, his eyes staring at you as he reluctantly reached up and slipped off his mask, so you could check for any damage from the blow to the head.

You work quickly, checking over his head for any blood or trauma and luckily there wasn't much blood, it dried before it could actually do anymore damage. You clean up his head and patched it up as you go back to his other wounds, checking them over as you observe the stitching you and the other nurse have done and you grab some gauze pads and bandages, putting them on his leg and you go over, having hm arch his back as much as he could so you could wrap his abdomen up.

"You're doing really well..I'm almost done..and there" You tied the end of the bandage and let him lay back down as he groaned in pain and he breathed out trying to gain his composure.

You look at him and you look at his face, but look away trying to respect his boundaries of his features not being shown.

"It's fine..ya can look.." His voice speaks up quietly as he looks at you. Your eyes glance over at him and you turn your head towards him as you look over his features, his eyes shining a bit in the light. Your eyes look at him and you feel your face get a little hot as you analyze his features, his blonde hair, his jawline was pretty sharp, he had some stubble of facial hair. He had scars along his face from previous encounters on missions and some on his neck.

You felt your heart beating faster and you could feel it pounding in your chest as you look at him. "I'm..uhm..I'm gonna give you some antibiotics a-and give you some medicine to help with the pain okay?" You speak as you take off your bloody gloves and put on new ones as you grab some medicine and help him take it, lifting his head gently so he can swallow it down and giving him some antibiotics to help with any infection that might have gotten in the wounds.

"Get some rest okay? I'll be back to check on you in a little bit.."

"Don't go.." he says softly, his eyes staring at you, almost pleading that you stay.

You look at him and you smile softly to comfort him "Don't worry..I'm not going anywhere.." You say softly, trying to soothe him. You watch as his eyes close and he was starting to calm down with his breathing and as far as you can tell, he managed to go out like a light from the blood loss.

you peek out the curtain and motion another nurse to help you remove the blood soaked clothes and put some fresh pants on him. It was a little hard cause his body was heavy but to see those muscles on his body, the scars on his skin, you knew you treated most of these but the ones along his ribs caught your attention and you gently put your fingers along the scars, wondering what caused these ones.

You managed to get sterile pants on him and you cover him with a blanket to let him rest and you check the fluids to make sure they're going through.

You sigh softly and you look at him with worry, looking him over as you look at his tattoo on his arm and you tilt your head, admiring the artwork that was done along his forearm. You grab a clipboard and start to write and you set it down at the end of his bed, his chart being updated and you grab his mask gently as you carefully put it back over his head, so he can have that privacy when the others visit him.

For such a large, strong man..he seems so Vulnerable..

__________________________________

Thank you guys for reading! Hope you enjoyed it and I'll be working on the next chapter soon! Bye bye~~