Out on the field

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long wait! Have fun with the new chapter, I'll be making another one as soon as I can!

Enjoy!!

-----------------------------------------------

Its been a few months since you and Ghost have started dating, things have been going great as far as you could tell, you learned his name was Simon Riley, but of course you didn't say his name in front of others due to his role as lieutenant and it being a work environment.

But its been nice, he had his own way of showing his love and care for you. Anytime he would come from a mission from wherever he was, he would always bring you a souvenir as a little token of appreciation. You loved that it was his little love language, it was quite adorable to you.

You were working in the office, writing some reports on some soldiers that had injuries from missions they have come back from, with the hard work and dedication you've been putting into your work and care for the soldiers in need, you were just arms reach from getting the title of becoming a doctor, a big step from your position now.

You were more than happy. You hear footsteps and look up from your computer as your boss of the medical wing walked over to you, handing you a paper and you look, taking it from his hand and looking it over.

"I'm being requested to go out on the field?" You ask as you look up at your boss. He nods to you in response "Yes, you are being sent out to the field. The captain will assign you to a group that you'll be going with, in the meantime, start packing the things you need out on the field."

"Yes sir." you reply as you stand up from the chair and go off to start packing medkits for your trip out on the field, making sure write down what you're taking down on a spreadsheet for your boss. You sigh softly as you think to yourself, thinking about how it'll feel being back out on the battlefield again as a quick medic.

Your thoughts turning to memories of those who were lost in the past, those who were injured beyond repair. You sigh softly, thinking of so many ways you can change the path of what's to come, to not lose those close to you again out there.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a hand on your shoulder and you jump as you quickly turn around seeing Ghost and you let out a sigh of relief when you saw it was him. "You scared me.." You mutter and he looks at you, his eyes staring at you and his eyes wonder over to the med kits you're packing.

"What are you doing.." he asks, his stoic voice rough yet smooth in your ears, you fall in love with it every time..

"Uhm..I'm being requested as a medic on the field..guess they're low on them and thought I was best suited for it since I've done it before." you reply, smiling lightly at him.

He tilts his head a bit as he looks at you "I didn't know ya were on the field before.."

"Oh, it was way before we even crossed paths and before I even officially got transferred here in the medical wing." You smile softly, he nods in response before speaking up again.

"Hm..the more ya know..you leaving soon?" he asks and you nod lightly "I just need to see who I'm going with and I'll be out, I'm not sure how long though..but i hope you're not planning to get hurt while I'm gone?" you tease and grin softly as you put your hands on your hips playfully.

He raises a brow and you swear you could sense a smile behind that mask. "Mm, don't plan on doin' that while you re gone.." he responds, glancing around before lifting the bottom of his mask up and he wraps his hand behind your head softly and kisses your lips softly for a few moments.

You close your eyes and you kiss him back softly, smiling against his lips as you gently put your fingers against the side of his jaw. He gently pulls away and he kisses your cheek and underneath your jaw, causing you to giggle a bit before he pulls away and adjusting his mask back on.

You smile softly at him as you look into his eyes for a moment, the grey bluish color staring right back at you like a hot knife melting through ice. You can't help but love it every time you look into them..

"I should get ready..I'll hopefully see you soon okay?" You smile softly at him and you turn, packing the rest of the med kits and grabbing a bag, putting them in and making sure you're prepared for every scenario you could think of, closing the bag and sling it over your shoulders.

You smile at Ghost and you stand in your toes, kissing his cheek softly over his mask before heading out and waving to him, walking your way out of the medical wing and through the wings to make it to Captain Prices office to see who you'll be with out there.

You make your way up to the door, hesitating a bit..but you knock none the less. Hearing the 'come in' from the captain; you made your way inside and you look as you gently close the door behind you, standing straight and saluting the captain as he does the same, offering you to stand down and you do so.

"Y/N, correct?" He asks, cigar in hand as he reads off the paper in his other.

You nod softly "Yes sir, that's correct" you respond and he nods back at you as he reads off the paper, his thumb fidgeting with the cigar in hand.

"Alright, I see you're all packed and ready." He looks at your bag and you nod once more "I wanted to be prepared sir."

"That's what I like to see." he sets the paper down on his desk with the rest of the papers "So, I'll be assigning you to a group for the mission, I want you to try and keep them in check and take care of their every need, injuries or sickness. You understand?"

"Yes sir." You nod and he continues "You'll be assigned with the following. John 'Soap' Mactavish, Kyle 'Gaz' Garrick, and Ghost. You think you can handle that Y/N?"

"Yes sir." You kind felt a little giddy that Ghost was part of the team but you knew you had to stay professional on the job. "If I may ask?" you speak up again and he nods to give you a go.

"Do you know how long this is going to last? The mission I mean."

He smiles a bit "It shouldnt take too long, possibly a couple of days, their after a target and things might get messy where you guys are goin' so I advise ya to be careful. Alright?"

You nod softly in response and he gives you the okay to leave as you salute him before walking out of the office and to head to the group you're going with to head out on the mission, excitement and nervousness in your mind of going back out on the field again. But at least you got people you know with you to have your back, your hand gripping the strap of your bag as you walk outside to wait for the others.

_______________________________

Hi guys! Thank you all so much for your love and support throughout this story. I'm very sorry for taking so long, life got in the way and I'm trying my best to work on the next chapter for you guys! But I hope you enjoy the story so far and I will do my best to keep it entertaining to read.

Until next time~ Byeeeee!!!