The Trial Day

Abhi's Pov

Today is the day of trial. I am standing here in the court waiting for my lawyer. Yeah the same fucking Amara Murthy. I am waiting here almost for 30 minutes now. There was media when I arrived. They are also now resting but this girl is no where to be found. Did she dumb me? No, no she can't and she won't.

Thinking about it I heard a sound of throat clearing. And guess who I found, papa along with Ms. Murthy.
I can't control my rage.

"Are you fucking insensible? I am waiting here for the last fucking 30 minutes and you are coming now? Wow what a punctuality! Appreciable!" I finished clapping my hands.

"Uncle aapka beta pagal ho Gaya Hain" she said looking at papa.

Papa was looking shocked and I was looking at her shooting daggers. She didn't bother to reply and wait for something from me. But I was just glaring. So she said,
"Cool down Mr. Rathore. Case hamare haath mein Hain and yeah I was late because I don't want to face the media along with you. That too in this attire. So calm down and take deep breaths".

I was stunned. She don't want publicity. Attire? What attire? Then I noticed her attire. She was wearing black pants, white tucked in shirt, polished shoes and a blazer. I was looking at her without blinking and papa cleared his throat dragging me out of my sight.

"Sundar Hain. Mujhe bhi pata Hain. Lekin itna mat ghooro ki Nazar lag jaaye" papa said slowly in my ears.

"I was not staring" I said steadying myself.

"Yeah I saw that" he replied smirking.

I huffed and was waiting the court to call the trial. Just then we were called. All of them were there. V, Shyama, papa, maa, and even Gyno. I didn't know when they became my close ones.

The trial went long and it was afternoon. The opposition was strong. But she was also not bad she was pointing out and telling everything very confidently. And the result was we won the case. Just that?

We won the case

The court was dismissed. I was so happy but never showed it on my face. Papa hugged me and patted my shoulder, maa also had tears in her eyes while hugging me. We went outside and there was media. We answered the questions they asked and papa declared that there will be a surprise soon from the side of the Rathores. But I never saw her after the trial. May be she went home. But why? She didn't congratulate me.

Why will she congratulate me? I don't want her congratulations

We went home and papa said that there was a Pooja in her house today evening. So we would go there together. I denied saying that I didn't want to go. But she was maa. She ended the discussion in three words.

"Tumhe meri kasam"

Ha it's that simple. Wow! Soon the evening came we left our house at 3:30 and reached there at 4:45. I saw that everyone was there. Her parents, brothers, V, Shyama, Gyno and bhaiyya. We entered the house. Uncle welcomed us very sweetly. But I was searching for her.

Why am I searching for her?
Handle this man
What's your problem?
May be I didn't pay her fees for the trial that's why I am feeling this way.

I convinced myself. Just then we all heard a voice. Mostly her voice.

"Ammaaa, payasam undakki vechittunde. Njan ready aayitt varam" (Ammaa, I have made the sweet dish. I will just come after getting ready).

Then she noticed us. She ran towards us and touched Maa's and Papa's feet. Maa hugged her and papa patted her shoulder. Without even sparing a glance at me she ran off. Actually I am feeling offended because I am not that bad in looks and all even married woman drools on my look. But this one girl is not interested even in just glancing at my direction. Honestly, my ego was hurt.