4: Percy gets pulverised at sword-fighting.

≈ ❂ ≈ ❂ ≈ ❂ ≈ ❂ ≈ ❂ ≈

Once I had been showered and given a pair of wide cargo jeans that was made of denim, not my words, an Aphrodite's girl had called it. An orange camp half-blood shirt, which I didn't know they have nowadays. The Aphrodite's kid did my hair by brushing it.

I could have done my hair myself but they just have this magical touch with beauty and the girl wouldn't allow me to do it myself.

I find myself walking around the camp with Chiron, who doesn't mind showing me around once again.

The cabins still seem the same and in the same U shape with the dinning pavilion in the middle. The nature around the cabins and around camp is different from how it was when I was at camp back in Europe.

Apollo's cabin still looks interior layout wise, still exactly the same as then, the only thing that has changed is the furniture. It has more futuristic stuff. I saw that there were bunk beds.

The interior now has bunk beds on either side with a cot in the middle of the cabin for the injured. Rough cedar beams that rib the ceilings and the white plaster walls are bare except for a few hooks for coats and weapons. It smells of clean linen and dried sage. The only decorations are some flowerpots on the windowsill, filled with cheerful yellow blooms from the island of Delos. They only grow in and around the cabin.

I met my new counsellor, Lee Fletcher. He was a nice guy and appointed me a bunk in the corner, told me he would see me at dinner time back at the cabin and I was back on the move with Chiron.

He showed me where the archery field is, the armoury, the climbing wall with lava for training, the forge, stables and as last, the sword fighting arena.

Which Chiron had told me he would bring me to, to get some training in with the Hermes kids. I'm not sure why he did that but I don't mind, i'm curious how well I can still fight.

My sword was still in the armoury, it was made out of celestial bronze. It's balanced to my height and age, although, it has always balanced itself out to adapt it to me. It's got a leather handle and some Apollo carvings in there, some sunflowers and the sun itself.

And so, I find myself now at the entrance of the sword fighting arena. Behind the Hermes cabin, who are getting a sword-fighting lesson from their cabin counsellor.

"Luke." Chiron calls out to the counsellor of cabin eleven.

"Yes, sir?" The tall blonde boy with the long scar over the right side of his eye asks.