Chapter Twelve: Remus (Æscford) {Mature}

"Oh my love, my sweet love, my beloved!"
— Melisa Nadir, Chantress of the Maiden
~•~

Remus was intoxicated by the enchantment that was Maysa.

The way she set every inch of his skin on fire. The way her sighs and moans felt like a symphony to his ears. The way her arms were around his back, her eyes filled with utter trust in him. That he would not hurt her. He knew not what he did to earn that trust. What he knew was that he would do everything to keep that trust unbroken.

He kissed her again, savouring the taste of salt and the tanginess of her lips. Their eyes were closed as he explored the contours of her body, each touch a new sentence written in the chapters of their journey. He never expected this to happen. Yet here they were on a precipice that would for sure change everything. Whether it would be for the better or worse was something that only the fates could tell.

Remus's fingers traced the delicate skin of Maysa's thighs. She bit her lower lip in a desperate measure to prevent a moan escaping her lips. He dragged his teeth lightly across the crook of her neck, making her breathing go haywire. Seizing the opportunity, he nipped at her skin, leaving a bright red mark.

"Remus!" Her voice was a breathy whisper that made him pull her even closer to himself. "What did you do?"

He smiled against her skin. "A mark to remember me by."

She opened her eyes, distress clear in her gaze. "You speak as if you plan to leave."

"We are all supposed to leave, my sweet."

"No," she silenced him from speaking any further with another fervent kiss. "You are not going. Not without me."

I wish not to. Remus let his actions speak for him. He nuzzled against the gentle swells of her breast. His lips grazed against her pert nipple, causing another soft moan to escape her slightly swollen lips. He was the most alive at that moment. Him against her, entwined in a dance as old as time. Nothing could come between them at that moment.

They said that in the beginning of time, humans were creatures of eight limbs, parted by the Creator for their fearsome strength that could wreck the known world. To find love was to find that separated half. And never in his life had the crown prince of Namiona felt so fulfilled. So complete within himself. Her touch brought the breath back to his decaying bones, decaying under the weight of expectations placed on him.

"Are you ready?" He whispered against her ear as his hand traversed the curvaceous expanse of her belly and rested at the apex of her thighs. A frown was etched in between Maysa's brows. Beads of sweat adorned her body, which only increased her allure in his eyes.

"Ye-s." She replied. "Yes, please."

He parted her thighs. In a gentle motion, he pulled off the small clothes from the lower half of her, exposing it to the cool night air. Goose pimples erupted on her skin as he caressed her innermost folds. Her nails dug deep into his back, drawing blood. Yet it was not pain compared to the bliss of anticipation to be one with the beloved. It was the most exquisite pain he had ever known.

Remus removed his own breeches to ease the ache within him. He positioned himself at her entrance, seeking for reassurance in her eyes. She smiled, a lopsided one, which caused his heart to ache. I do not deserve her. He thought as he entered her in a tender thrust, careful to not cause her pain. Save for his rapid breaths, nothing could betray his desperate longing for her. He was no longer Remus as they came together.

At that instant, he belonged to her wholly — heart, body, and soul.

~•~