Chapter 3 - Tension

"If your sacred. Be scarier than whatever is scaring you."
-Thumper

Tanner and I are going dress shopping for the party tonight. I'm bringing him as my plus one and I got Mark to invite Tanner's fiancé so they can be together. Tanner's fiancé's name is Conner. Tanner came out to me in sophomore year of college. Him and Conner are a perfect match.

Tanner and I were going downtown because that is where the best dresses are.

I was looking at a small rack full of beautiful green dresses. "Green looks great on you." Tanner said as he scanned through the rack too.

My mind went straight to Alex. "You look good in black."  I remember his words vividly. I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts.

"Um, how about black?" I suggested nervously. "We'll try." Tanner shrugged and looked at the black dresses as I did too.

I found a nice silk, small, tight, black dress that was gorgeous. I picked it up and showed Tanner. "I like this one!" I smiled. Tanner clapped his hands together. "That's perfect!" He shouted. I smiled at him and walked to the dressing room.

On my way I saw another dress. It was very revealing. I snorted and showed Tanner. "Is this even a dress?" I cackled. Tanner's eyes went wide.

He started to laugh.  "Don't even think about it hoe." He covered his mouth in shock. Then we both started laughing.

"Get changed!" Tanner shooed me off as I laughed and walked in the changing room.

I slipped my legs through the dress and zipped it up. It was a spaghetti strap dress with laces that went across my chest. It looked great on me. It was fabulous.

As I stared at myself Alex ran through my head. I'm remembering special nights we had. Where is hands traveled down my whole body and his lips on mine. My fingers running through his dark messy hair. Him unzipping my dress slowly and taking it off me.

His lips going down my stomach to my- "You almost done!" Tanner yelled interrupting my thoughts. I just remembered I was here. I quickly took the dress off.

"Yeah I'm done!" I yelled back and hung the dress back on the hanger. I smoothed out my clothing and walked back out.

"Girl you doing rocket science in there?" Tanner joked and took the dress out of my hands. "Ha ha." I laughed trying to sound confident and not making it seem I was just thinking about Alex.

Back at my house I was sitting at my vanity doing my hair as Tanner was fixing his suit and putting some cologne on.

I tried to convince Tanner to work for my company since everyone loved him -especially my boss- but he refused and stayed with his job. Tanner was a very loyal colleague and loyal in general.

I brushed out my curls and they looked flawless. I pinned my hair back with two style clips and got out my skincare and makeup.

I put on some serums and moisturizer. I accidentally dropped my primer on the ground. As I picked it up more thoughts ran through my head.

Alex pinning me against the wall with his strong veiny hands on my hips. His dark eyes focused on me and only me.

"You need help?" Tanner asked. I look up and realized I was still picking up my primer.