10

Summer 2006

--

I woke up in my own bed, back in Jujutsu High.

"Y/n," I heard Shoko's voice say.

I looked around the room to find Shoko sitting on the edge of my bed.

"How are you feeling?" Shoko asked.

"Fine," I said, remembering what had happened, "Where are the others?"

"Geto and Gojo are doing fine," Shoko said.

"You mean Gojo is alive?" I asked.

"Yeah, dummy, of course he is," Shoko laughed.

I tried getting out of bed but stopped when I felt pain spreading across my body, "Ow."

"Be careful, you just woke up," Shoko warned.

"How long was I out for?" I asked.

"Not long, only a day," she replied.

I nodded and slumped back into my bed. My thoughts drifted towards Riko, and I immediately sulked.

"You liked her, right?" Shoko asked.

"Yeah..."I mumbled, opening my phone and looking at the picture we had taken in the aquarium.

"She was nice," I said.

"Is this the first time you've witnessed someone pass away?" Shoko asked.

I stayed silent.

"Sorry for asking," Shoko said, seeing as I didn't respond.

"It's fine..." I replied.

"Hey kid, are you called Y/n L/n?" An officer asked me.

"Yes," I replied.

"Are you the younger step-sister of (s/n) L/n?" He asked.

"Yes," I said again, "Did something happen?"

"I need you to come with us," he said, I followed him and he took me to the forest nearby. I could see other officers stationed around an area that had been blocked off.

"Officer! Did you bring her sister?" One of the man shouted. I looked over to where the voice came from and immediately spotted my sister. And the sight of her state horrified me. I looked at her terrified and ran towards her.

"Big sis, what happened to you?" I asked.

"Heh, don't worry, I'll be fine," she said, giving me a weak smile and patted my head.

"B-but you're bleeding so much!" I pointed out, she had wounds everywhere, and on her face.

"It's fine, it will heal, the ambulance is on the way, don't cry now," she said, kneeling down and wiping my face.

"I-i'm not crying!" I said, wiping my eyes with my hands.

She laughed, "Of course you're not."

I watched as she started to close her eyes, she was blinking rapidly, "Big sis are you tired?"

"Yeah, I am, let's go home after I get healed huh?" she asked.

"Yeah! We're going to eat my favourite ramen," I said.

"We are," she said, "Y/n-chan, listen, I know we're not biologically related, but you're the best lil sis I could ever ask for, and you're the best friend I've ever had."

"You're the best sis too! But why are you saying this?" I asked.

"Heh, I just want you to know, thank you for being my best friend and lil sis," she said, I could see that she was getting tired now.

She started to fall over and I extended my hands out, grabbing her before she could fall over.

"Sis?" I asked. She didn't respond so I ran over to an officer and pulled on their clothes.

"What is it, kid?" the officer asked.

"My sister fell over! Please help her," I said. The officer rushed over and carried my sister. Little did I know, that was the last time I'd ever get to see her.

...

I was rushed to the hospital after they took my sister away. I stood outside the door and listened on what the doctors were talking about in my sister's room.

"She's only 5 years old, how should we tell her?" one voice said.

"I don't know, where are there parents?" another said.

"I heard they died in an accident 4 years ago, that's why that girl is living with her, she don't have parents as well," person one said.

"So she's raising a kid on her own, even though she's only 15 years old?" person two asked.

At this point, I stopped listening. What did they want to tell me?

"I had a step-sister," I finally said, breaking the silence.

"Oh really?" Shoko asked, surprised.

"Yeah, and she was the best," I said, smiling sadly as I glanced at the picture beside my bed.